Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best bit of advice

Duncs

whats your best bit of advice you would give guys starting window cleaning

when I started there was only window cleaning ,gutters also

now there is pressure wasing ,soft washing WFP wheely bins etc

my advice is quite simple

you can have all the gear new vans best of equipement,

but if your not motivated and totally believe in what your doing you will fail

where as if your totally motivated ,do your research and you wont just make it, you will achieve everything you want

you already have great source of information on this forum

Get out their and get some clients research in way is almost pointless, Lads try to dive straight into wfp and have no clue about what it takes to clean windows throughly, (Will happily spend £100's without any clients.)Motivation is a real key thing I know off other cleaners who are as keen as mustard in the first few months or so get a good number of clients then just end up not been bothered. 

You have to be very motivated every day, After over 17 years I am more motivated now than I was when I started in March 2000 window cleaning is a changing game and you have to be ahead of other cleaners in your area in ways they don't even know.

When starting any business you should always anticipate customer churn. You might go out and get a nice set of regular clients and think you're set but you'll always lose some for some reason so you can never slack off with the work of getting new clients.

A great way to get new clients for window cleaning is to canvas the neighbours when you're there. Drop a note through their door, ask then to check out the neighbours lovely clean windows and get them to give you a call, or just drop by and say hello!

When starting any business you should always anticipate customer churn. You might go out and get a nice set of regular clients and think you're set but you'll always lose some for some reason so you can never slack off with the work of getting new clients.

A great way to get new clients for window cleaning is to canvas the neighbours when you're there. Drop a note through their door, ask then to check out the neighbours lovely clean windows and get them to give you a call, or just drop by and say hello!
I use this exact method to get most my work and by doing it you also get nice compact work. After a job just 2 mins leafleting or knocking a few neighbours doors before jumping back in van

Back