Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterproofing a peugeot partner

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
Just got a partner. Been using it a few days. 

Just moved drivers seat forward and underneath is full of water!

It's obviously getting in from the back, I park on a slop facing downhill so any water is obviously running down.

In my scudo the water was contained in the back. But not in this thing, I'm guessing it's because its a car derived van the chassis must be different? What so you say @spruce  ?

Anyone managed to water proof one of these?I will have to strip all the gear out at the weekend and see what's going on.

Thinking of sealING it all up with fibreglass but didn't really want to do that

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a partner. Been using it a few days. 

Just moved drivers seat forward and underneath is full of water!

It's obviously getting in from the back, I park on a slop facing downhill so any water is obviously running down.

In my scudo the water was contained in the back. But not in this thing, I'm guessing it's because its a car derived van the chassis must be different? What so you say @spruce  ?

Anyone managed to water proof one of these?I will have to strip all the gear out at the weekend and see what's going on.

Thinking of sealING it all up with fibreglass but didn't really want to do that

Yep. A car derived van means that the rear seats have been removed from the people carrier and the cargo bay floor extended over the rear footwells to create one level.

Any water spillage will end up in the footwells which will still have carpets to deaden road noise.

My son's first Peugeot Partner 53 plate was always wet in those footwells. I didn't help the matter because I forgot the van was being filled with water on several occasions.

The current van son has is the same van but a Citroen Berlingo. This one has a sliding door whereas his first one didn't. We transferred the steel mesh bulkhead from his old van and modified it to fit.

We then fibreglassed the floor and up the sides by about 50mm. I screwed a steel batten onto the floor in front of the sliding door and fibreglassed over that. The idea was that any split water could only exit out the back doors. We also had to create a false side on the drivers side between the rear driver's seat and the rear wheel arch. This was so we could get access to the wiring harness by removing their cover plates. If we hadn't done that then the fibreglass would be stuck to these plates and removing the plates would mean damaging the fiberglass and the plates as well.

If PSA are still building the new vans like they did the originals, they join some of the dash harness wires to the rear harness in the loom next to the drivers seat. If you manage to overfill the tank so much that water fills up the footwells and runs out the doors, then water will get into these joints. The central locking is the first to play up and the other concerning issue is water getting in the cable joiner for the seltbelt pretensioner.

So whilst fibreglassing the floor is a right chew on, its well worth it imho.

Thanks spruce. Much appreciated.

I thought I had been carefull actually with spilages in the back but something must be leaking.

Never worried about it in the old van it just ran out of the side door lol.

Looks like I will have to fibreglass it then. 

My kangoo does that due to the dipped bits in the front corners of the false floor which drain down onto the proper floor below

I need to fill them with matting then fibreglass the whole floor so i can drain it out the back doors if needed

Even a slight leak from the reel or changing connectors on my pump etc leaves water under the seats

Fibreglassing it is an easy sunday morning job i just never get round to it

Had a spillage the other day where i didn't put the lid on a drum properly and had to mop hypo out from under the passenger seat lol

20170727_152120.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon I might get away with fibreglassing from the tank back. Tanks up against the bulkhead. So if I screw a piece of 4x4 behind it across the width of the van then fibreglass from that back and drill a couple of drain holes through the floor maybe. Oh and park facing up the driveway in case.

I would like to see a photo timeline as I need to do my partner as well. Sometimes it's like getting into wet sand if a barrel has leaked 

It would surprise you the amount of water gathers from throwing the pole in and out after cleaning houses. Aswell with the hose reeling in if it's wet. I seem to get plenty of water and I rarely overfill the tank by accident 

No make sure all connections are spot on and   Don't use hose locks.     On my vans is a comb and it doesn't have problems. If u use a cloth as u reel in it will dry hose and if u get a string bag for brush head. To store at end of day it won't leak 

Back