Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Knocked gutter clip off what do I do?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

It was loose but as pressed up with brush it came off and is hanging as u see in pix.  What so I do?   The screws are all rusty so I think it just fell off.

15011652151381212142662.jpg

1501165386555257594388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw it back on covering the old holes

A couple of small self tappers will do it

get ladders out and screw back on,      or get another windy with long ladders and pay him a tenner, if you dont know any   just google for your area and try phoning one ,£10 to run up and drill 2 screws, happy days.     unless you have ladders

Make good your mistake/error/bad luck.

Screw it back in, may have to use a bit of filler on the old holes first to supply a grip for your screws. Putting back in same position avoids repainting and stuff.

Will they notice?

If its not a regular customer and you will never see them again just leave it and bugger off and hope they don't notice. If they do say I dunno what ya on about.

Just an option

get ladders out and screw back on,      or get another windy with long ladders and pay him a tenner, if you dont know any   just google for your area and try phoning one ,£10 to run up and drill 2 screws, happy days.     unless you have ladders
Telly do one. Lol charge 30 quid do that 

I'd tell em 'during cleaning the guttering iv noticed a loose gutter clip. I'm not a gutter installer but I can fix it for you for £x amount + cost of glue/screws" id downplay the whole issue and not push for the upsell or they might think you did it on purpose. I'm all about honesty being the best policy and it's not too far from the truth

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Depends on customer also, if you know they're guna be arsey about it just ladder up and fix it before they see. Will only take 5 mins, snap a couple matchsticks in the old holes as re use same screws. But personally I'd tell em in a way that makes me sound like I care about their property. They may really appreciate you've fixed their damaged gutters or they may be angry and blame you for breaking them

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back