Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No access to the back of house

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Adda85

Quite a few jobs I'm getting at the moment are houses where you need to go through the house to access the back, I use a trolley system but find it quite awkward lugging the trolley and water containers through people's houses, also you can only do them when the customer is home. Anyone else have many of these, and do you just do the fronts of these houses?

Would never lug trolley through someone's house.

In fact wouldn't drag dirty hose through either....if it's the only way the backs don't get done....only got 3 like that where I only do front because there is zero access round the back and all 3 are next door to each other and 2 of the 3 are rarely home.

Both of them also go 3 or 4 times without paying but when they do pay they always double it up.....can go 8 or 9 months without seeing them.

I've a few like this but thankfully I always do a neighbour with a adjacent garden so can jump the fence. There is one that has put cat spikes along the top of the fence (probably for me i think) so I cant climb over and go through the house but I still put the hose over the fence. I always hope they're out so I don't have to do the back! :1f602:

We won't do jobs like that to much hassle and the potential for being accused of causing damage to carpets laminate flooring etc , while you are struggling to do that you could be doing a lot easier work just keep up canvassing houses that you want to do that will work better for you , not always easy when starting out I know from first hand experience but worth it in the long term 

As said above, don't bother with them. There are plenty of houses that do have access. I have a trolley too and by time you have taken all the stuff through and set it all up, cleaned the back, then taken it all through bit by bit, you have been there a lot longer than you have quoted for. Then there's the back and forth text's to arrange for them to be in. My advice is to tell them from the start that you don't arrange a time, and if they aren't in when you get there then you do fronts only. Too much of a ballache otherwise IME. 

Back