Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimbo

I've recently converted to water fed and overall I am delighted but on one of my windows at home despite numerous cleans and intense frame cleaning and rinsing, I am getting the same long white run down from the top of the window. I am worried this may happen on customers windows. What can I do to stop this?

It may just require you to adjust the angle of the brush so the jets of water aren't forced up the window and under a seal whilst rinsing.  If this doesn't work, try reducing the pressure (turn the flow down a bit) at which your water is coming out of the jets on the brush as well when cleaning that window.

I had this a while back on an upstairs window.  In my case it seems there was a join in the seal that held the window in place.  It couldn't be seen from the floor, but every time I cleaned this one window a single run would dry and leave a mark right down the middle of the window.  The customer let it go for six months before politely bringing it to my attention.  As soon as I realised what was going on, I made the above adjustment to and it has not happened since.

I've recently converted to water fed and overall I am delighted but on one of my windows at home despite numerous cleans and intense frame cleaning and rinsing, I am getting the same long white run down from the top of the window. I am worried this may happen on customers windows. What can I do to stop this?

Our Lounge window has done this for 12 years. I don't overly concern myself with it although the wife moans.

We have a customer and all the ground floor windows have white runs and dots when they dry. They have done this from day 1 about 10 years ago. They will never come right. So the choice was to dump the customer or blade the windows. We chose to blade the windows. The customer is really nice recently retired teacher and his wife and they are both a pleasure to deal with. Always have an intelligent conversation when they are in. Its no skin off my teeth to blade the ground floor windows off. Its only this 1 customer which isn't a problem and doesn't take long.

Occasionally we get treated with some eggs and extra vegetables from his allotment and he gave us half a dozen Mackerel he had caught that day off the boat. 

Back