Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soffit with endless vents

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

Hi all

Did my first gutter clearance along with fascia and soffit clean.Soffit was full of vents which caused me numerous problems.Whats the best way to deal with this.Was a three bed semi and probably undercharged at £60 but as I'm new to this game it's a good learning experience.

Without a doubt it's great to be able to discuss issues and be fortunate enough for more experienced operatives to pass on their help?

All the above info is bang on. Only bit i have to add is that if ur wfp f/s/g i set brush to fan jet and wander around the premises lightly coating fsg bit not letting the brush touch the surface. Then spray a ready mixed tfr over fsc then have a brew if custy is home. Then on with the brush still using fan jet pump running at 30 or tap only open a bit is using custys water. If using custys water once back over with pure fan or multi pencil. Any drips out the soffit vents will be minor so wrap a toweled micro fibre over brush head or on a harris then glide underside (as above soffit will be clean) working your way back to the van. Used to ladder and rub and polish facia back in the day.
If you want to leave a proper shine either try the new tfr going around or dip in a pre mixed pure with a dollop of car polish. Having a spare brush made with fan and pencil just for fsg is the way forward. Tried every way there is to speed up fsg and this works for me if you still want to leave them looking like youve been up there and rubbed them by hand. win win

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

with the awkward ones with vents that have dirty drips no matter what: 1st I wash it thoroughly, 2nd I come back to it after it's drained and dripped a while and run the brush with water off along it which removes the excess drips. 3rd I wrap a scrim around brush head like part timer :1f603: and go over it again.

All i do is give it a good scrub a couple of times and move on then come back after a bit a give it a rinse and do that a few more times and eventually the drips go. After I finish the job I go around and check it again and then worse case scenario I wrap the Microfibre around the brush and get the drip mark. (Rarely have to do that) I would of been 120 on that job.

Back