Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Super Max 3K VS SLX 27 + Brushes? Help!

Apologies but my last thread which was querying another make of pole evolved into a "which Gardiner pole shall I buy" so thought it needed a new thread. I am a question machine at the moment so please forgive me. So......

I am looking for opinions about which would be the better option. Looking for a new pole around the 30 foot height and I am now sure it will be a Gardiner one due to the great feedback on these forums and the fact that Mr Gardiner seems like a genuinely nice chap from his posts here so he can have my money  :1f911:

My issue is that I don't know whether I would be better off getting the Super Max 3K 27 pole or an SLX 27 with a couple of extra brushes for different situations? From what I can work out and been told (thanks Tench0771) the Super Max is only a little more stiffer than the SLX and is actually a wee bit heavier so I am not sure it warrants the nearly extra £200 for my needs. That could go toward extra brushes. However I am happy to spend the more money if it is worth it. I do have a lot of work around the 25 foot height so weight is important but I am also a big guy so the weight difference is not really an issue should the 3K be better in other areas. 

Just looking for opinions really. Which option would you go for? On a side note any opinions on a good all rounder sill brush from Gardiner would be welcome. The choices of brush are truly mindboggling. 

Thanks all.

Last edited:
If you are typically doing houses then a SLX will be absolutely fine. Brushes are a personal preference.

I like the Ultimate medium mixed nice and light but fairly robust either the black and white bristles or the orange and white.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

There is not much in it between the two at 27ft apart from price.The super max will be stiffer but comes out at around £550 I think with the vat which probably isn't far of the cost of an extreme.

once you start to go higher 35-40ft and above is when the smax will be better.

For a day to day pole the slx is great or if you have the money go for  an extreme.

if i was u ide get a slx and 3 brushes 

ultmate flocked ( leaded glass)

ultmate meadium mixed (standerd glass)

flocked sill brush for( upvc )

this will cover u for every thing alltho as above brushes are persnel thing so u may pefer the supreme range or the super lite range  but u will want mono and flocked for window cl;eaning  

I'd agree with tench as it's a good idea to have a spare brush to hand in case you contaminate one as well.  You can just swap it out and clean the contaminated one when you get home instead of wasting time trying to clean it on the job.  

if i was u ide get a slx and 3 brushes 
ultmate flocked ( leaded glass)
ultmate meadium mixed (standerd glass)
flocked sill brush for( upvc )

this will cover u for every thing alltho as above brushes are persnel thing so u may pefer the supreme range or the super lite range  but u will want mono and flocked for window cl;eaning  

I would pass on the ultimate flocked brush. But it depends on where you live in the areas I cover I got a total of 2 leaded jobs I just can't justify a brush for 2 jobs.

The flocked sil brush is fine for leaded windows. And it's great for painted and sash windows as well

I would get the medium sil brush it's my favourite brush for fascia gutters etc.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back