Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats the best upvc cleaner for window frames??

No, PVC frame cleaner made by Soudal has been recommended to me and am thinking of giving it a go.
That's what I use at the moment. It's a solvent but it only seems to work on some uPVC. For instance it works well on gray frames turning them white as it dissolves the top layer but doesn't seem effective on gutters and other plastic which I'd assume would also be uPVC.

Smells strong and softens the plastic so have to buff it again with a clean dry cloth a while after cleaning it. It works well but it's a bit of a faff. Have to apply it with a cloth too. My friend Mat uses Soudal industrial cream cleaner and thinks that works better.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I use at the moment. It's a solvent but it only seems to work on some uPVC. For instance it works well on gray frames turning them white as it dissolves the top layer but doesn't seem effective on gutters and other plastic which I'd assume would also be uPVC.

Smells strong and softens the plastic so have to buff it again with a clean dry cloth a while after cleaning it. It works well but it's a bit of a faff. Have to apply it with a cloth too. My friend Mat uses Soudal industrial cream cleaner and thinks that works better.
Thanks for the good advice Skxawng, appreciate it.

UPVC MAX strips the ingrained dirt from the frames. Cannot recommend this product enough. It's as good as hypo & certainly better that TFR as it's none caustic..

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Is it biodegradable and I just can't make my mind up, some are saying its **** and others are saying its the best they have used etc... My head is done in!,  :delusional:

No, PVC frame cleaner made by Soudal has been recommended to me and am thinking of giving it a go.
By the way, I had a go cleaning my plastic garden chairs with it. I've done the left half.. Can you tell? :1f4a9:

It's done absolutely nothing on this chair, doesn't touch tiger stripes on fascia's but I've used it on some plastic frames before and it's been incredible! It must only be effective on some pvc for some reason but I've no idea why..

Maybe the uPVC Max is similar and why its getting such mixed reviews.

WP_20170815_21_15_58_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
a6cf250f0fe3ba3a90182a9f35d21805.png

I use this. It's brilliant. Does state on the back it can be used on plastics.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

So I done a cleandown today (gutters and fasci boards) with soapy water and cloths the proper way...customer been at me for ages to do them but she wanted the frames done as well with Soudal pvcu cleaner (it was putting me off using that stuff but didn't want to say to her) it turns out it was pure **** it avapourates and your rubbing the dirt back onto the frames....back to plan B astonish oven and cookware cleaner its good gear ...rub,dry,buff...job done!![emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ubix 2000 for 99.9% of all uPVC situations and it is Biodegradable and you get a COSHH sheet with it.   

I mentioned it on a previous topic and by law you are supposed to give a COSHH sheet with every chemical you sell.  Scott Dennings and Simon Palmer so far both seem incapable of providing one for any of their products, I shay their.......  but re-badged Bonnymans product mostly. Nothing new there. 

For ingrained gray and tiger stripes Unger Rub out. 

Ubik 2000 and Unger rub out are the only two products you will ever need. 

Agree with green I use ubik or virosol for pretty much everything and always have 

its cheap as chips and does the job 

I used upvc max and on my first impression was how much it smelt like flash concentrate 

It does remove the green etc off pvc but useless on tiger stripping lead marks etc 

i used it neat on cloth to try and remove black staining and it didn't do anything 

Green you have some left do you have any really stained pvc or guttering with striping etc?you like vids post one trying to remove the black staining maybe 

I use hg pvc cleaner and a magic sponge on staining 

Not a debate just reviews 

Any product used wrong can cause damage 

like tfr use it wrong and it will cause irreversible damage 

ubik used wrong is amazing paint stripper lol 

More isn't always better and plastic is a fragile material 

I recently dropped all my moerman blades in a bucket with some diluted ubik next morning the black channels were shiny silver.All the paint had dissolved and left the bare metal 

So many chems about at mo that people believe we need them for everything and it's just not the case

Back