Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way

kyle wilson

What's the best and quickest way to clean windows with the lead grates going diagonal threw them ive been moping then blading them then going over it with a microfiber to get the soap and smears off the glass but this is take me so long Is there a quicker way or is that the only way just took on this round seems a quarter of the round are these types of Windows any help appreciated

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What's the best and quickest way to clean windows with the lead grates going diagonal threw them ive been moping then blading them then going over it with a microfiber to get the soap and smears off the glass but this is take me so long Is there a quicker way or is that the only way just took on this round seems a quarter of the round are these types of Windows any help appreciated

If you mean leaded windows with the lead strips on the outside, then I only app n blade them on the first clean. After that I just use a damp scrim to clean it then go over with a dry scrim.

Microfibre from wilkos

3 quid each called wilko glass cleaning cloth

Better than the ones from window cleaning suppliers

That was a wagtail swivel handle and applicator pad combined with a liquidator channel

The handle had been heated and changed to 25° and the end modified to take the channel

You can buy a liquidator and fliq pad or excelerator handle if you want the swivel

I was using this before Moërman made the swivel handle so had to make their channels fit

https://youtu.be/JpiZr7ZaQAY

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a wagtail swivel handle and applicator pad combined with a liquidator channel
The handle had been heated and changed to 25° and the end modified to take the channel
You can buy a liquidator and fliq pad or excelerator handle if you want the swivel
I was using this before Moërman made the swivel handle so had to make their channels fit

I might have to grab one looks a lot quicker and easier once you got the hang of it

Back