Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Educating custies

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ash87

Does anybody have a brief explenation of WFP and why we leave the windows wet and also why we work in the rain etc? , 

Im going to print an A6 slip for each so i can just gently remind all my customers to expect me whatever the weather 

Thanks in advance 

Ash

Does anybody have a brief explenation of WFP and why we leave the windows wet and also why we work in the rain etc? , 

Im going to print an A6 slip for each so i can just gently remind all my customers to expect me whatever the weather 

Thanks in advance 

Ash

Honestly Ash, don't bother. Most know the system now. It was different 12 years ago when we started. We had to explain the system and then tell them that they only needed to pay us once they were satisfied with the job.

Most people understand what dionized water is. They use it in their steam irons. We printed a leaflet explaining the system but you could tell few read it as they still asked 'silly' questions the next time. But our process was the talk of the neighbourhood for quite sometime. I remember telling a few that surely they must have better things to talk about than their window cleaner- they must really be scrapping the bottom of the conversation barrel if the only thing left to talk about is me.

So we found short polite answers were quicker.

What water do you use? Its magic water was a good one. (I could get away with that one as I have a South African accent.)

What do you put into your water to make them so clean? It not what we put it, its what we take out that matters.

We had one yesterday that complained that she prefers me to clean her windows rather than my son. Because he doesn't dry them off like I do. We've done them for 4 years and we have never done that. Apparently she dried some of them off after he left last time. A quick explanation is that drying them off will leave streaks answered that one. As it happens the warm porch has virtually dried the windows he had cleaned. I pointed out that there wasn't a mark on them looking from the inside. Why go and dry them off. You don't dry the windows after it rains do you?

We had one stop and ask me how we got the windows to dry without spots. Her windows are cleaned by another cleaner I know but she forgets to unlock the side gate each time he texts her so he does the front only. She has had a go copying what her cleaner does cleaning the back conservatory windows with the car brush connected to her back tap. I told her that the water was deionized that's why, but she never heard she wasn't listening, which is a bit worrying as she is a local school teacher. She then watched me finish off the last window and then commented that the reason why she had spots on her windows is that she didn't rinse them enough. She would rinse more next time she cleaned them. I didn't comment.

We handed some of our over to a local couple to clean on our behalf. I introduced them and one wanted me to confirm that the new cleaners were to only use the pole with the brush on the end. She didn't want it done traditionally. She's a retired lady.

So my advise is to not overly concern yourself with details that will detract from you doing your job to earn a living.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your reply @spruce , iv been doing this long enough to know that you are completly right ! Its just so frustrating when a custard asks these dumb questions, iv also picked up a alot of work from an old trad guy who was working for slave money and before iv even cleaned it the alarm bells are ringing , "i dont want that pole thingy .... mike only charged a thruppance and a jar of jam"  ??? 

. Im not even gonna start cleaning them its not worth the aggro to me,

I guess i will have to huff answer them as bluntly as possible an get on with it ?

Back