Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift Compact

1393jason

Hi All,

I know a few of you are working with the facelift compact just wondering what you all think of it now as it's been available for some time? I am looking at the 325l, electric wheel and underports. How is the fitting? I've done a few searches and a few have mentioned the poor fitting kit?

Ideally, I would take it to wcw to be fitted. 

I am currently working with a backpack and making the pure with an unger hydro flow. 

Hand mine a year never misses a beat works great the only regret is I bought one with the proloc manually reel good quality reel but wished I had got the powerup hd in the first place, however I recently purchased a power up reel so extra happy now.

the fitting kit isn't great as it is only screws and not bolted, if you used the kit diy yourself as it only takes around 10 minutes and wcw want silly money to put 8 screws in. 

Can't see how you would used underparts as the reel is mounted on top of the tank just open the door and use or cut hole in floor and install rollers.

Thanks for your reply Den, I have just been quoted £350+vat for the fitting of the system. 

They offer the option of secure pulleys rather than the underports so everything can be left in the van locked.

The full ststem in coming in at £1550+ vat.

Honestly a 10 minute job see photos no special tools required just screw them in, my mate done mine in minutes literally.. I will post some photos soon.

I just pull reel out of back door then shut door on the hose works perfect.

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

Could you not bolt it instead of just having screws? I'm sure it's ok when everything is alright,but have to do severe braking,or if you crashed how would it cope?
Think other systems are crash tested and maybe that's why they charge extra for fitting. Putting plates and bolts in etc?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Could you not bolt it instead of just having screws? I'm sure it's ok when everything is alright,but have to do severe braking,or if you crashed how would it cope?
Think other systems are crash tested and maybe that's why they charge extra for fitting. Putting plates and bolts in etc?

I agree bolted with spreader plates would be better without a doubt. 

I'm guessing it wouldn't take a lot to do that Den. 

Id at least get some ratchet straps on it,if it was just screwed down. ? 

Thanks for your reply Den, I have just been quoted £350+vat for the fitting of the system. 

They offer the option of secure pulleys rather than the underports so everything can be left in the van locked.

The full ststem in coming in at £1550+ vat.
Screws  :1f635:  to secure something weighing nearly 500kg , http://grippatank.co.uk won't be that more expensive @steve garwood got a 2 man system fitted with secure pulleys  on his driveway for less than the prices on their website as he did the plumbing and pretty sure  it was less than your quoted price above although not with a reel but they ain't that expensive.

Contact @GrippaTANK directly and speak to them about what you require I think you will be surprised, When I switch motors next year it will be GrippaTank system and nothing else I have done my research and for what Grippa offer they are by far the best priced.

The screws are easy replaced with bolts and a spreader platejust need a larger drill bit

reason I bought one was as its. Complete system where included all plumb in and wired up in a very smart compact design no mess and all out off sight.

1. Pump

2. Controller

3. Plumbing

4. Fitting

5. Battery

6. Power hd reel which alone is very expensive.

you could either diy or get system installed.

or get compact and add a eight bolts and spreader plates and save a fortune.

Screws  :1f635:  to secure something weighing nearly 500kg , http://grippatank.co.uk won't be that more expensive @steve garwood got a 2 man system fitted with secure pulleys  on his driveway for less than the prices on their website as he did the plumbing and pretty sure  it was less than your quoted price above although not with a reel but they ain't that expensive.

Contact @GrippaTANK directly and speak to them about what you require I think you will be surprised, When I switch motors next year it will be GrippaTank system and nothing else I have done my research and for what Grippa offer they are by far the best priced.
The screws are easy replaced with bolts and a spreader platejust need a larger drill bit

reason I bought one was as its. Complete system where included all plumb in and wired up in a very smart compact design no mess and all out off sight.

1. Pump

2. Controller

3. Plumbing

4. Fitting

5. Battery

6. Power hd reel which alone is very expensive.

you could either diy or get system installed.

or get compact and add a eight bolts and spreader plates and save a fortune.

this video should give you a good idea better than I can explain in words.

the tank is excellent quality better quality than All the diy ones I have seen. 

Thank you for the mention @Iron Giant.

We would certainly be pleased to assist you and any other forum members. 

We can be contacted via our website or on 01223 790049.

Just fitted mine used rather straps on the anchor points In my connect it's ain't going anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Not slating diy? just stating the quality thickness of the tank is better than the ones I have seen.

Fair do's mate. Its the baffles I am more concerned about thus reducing the movement of water when I make the switch to a van next year.

I am driving a series 5 L200 at the moment which is pure workhouse and will handle any weight extremely well whilst driving.

Honestly don't even know it's there when driving I only have a transit connect  t230 even when I first had it installed off centred the driving experience wasn't any different to having install centrally,  maybe because it not a upright tank and only 325l, as a matter of fact I'm considering putting another van on the road in the near future and going to purchase another for my son, the only thing I would change is putting bolts and spreader plates instead of the screws as  it a very simple mod.

Back