Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose: Outside or inside your pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have always had my hose running through the inside of my pole purely for ease and tidiness. I know a lot of folk have it outside to keep the dirt and dust rubbing off on the inside tubes to a minimum. Does it really increase the life of the pole and is it much of an annoyance on the outside? I can also see more chance of damaging the tube when putting away/getting out the van. 

Thoughts? How do you have yours?

I prefer inside as when on outside it catches on things just a pain to me
I have used both so i know what one wins it for me
Guess its upto the user and what they like.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah I have been out in my garden messing around. It does kind of annoy me the way it flaps around everywhere but having just bought a brand new Gardiner pole I would like to keep it as clean and grit free as poss. How do other folk keep on top of it, just a wipe down at the end of each day?

I wear a fishing gilet with lots of pockets and I carry a small cloth in one for wiping the hose when it needs it.  I live in a very dry part of the UK so don't find myself using it a lot as the hose is mostly dry and picks up very little grit.  But when wet I'm wiping it all the time.  I don't find It such a nuisance though that I want to run the hose up the outside.  I'm all residential and I found it an absolute pain when I tried briefly.  However, I can see how it could be quite useful in certain commercial situations 

I prefer the hose on the outside and also i just kink the hose in my hand (gardiner green pu) between windows to shut the water off which os the quickest way and saves loads of water 

Definitely inside. Every evening when putting the poles away, I loosen the clamps and pour soapy water down the pole whilst twisting it in my hand. It cleans them out lovely

Apreciate the feedback guys. After trying it outside the pole it seems it will annoy me too much so I will hide it inside and be extra careful in keeping the sections clean ala Steve above. 

Back