Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

booster pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

kevinc250

any idea or reccomendations on a booster pump?,i've done fine for years without one on 45 psi,but i'm totally re working my ro stystem in a week or so and a booster could be on the shopping list

so looking for reccomendations please

any idea or reccomendations on a booster pump?,i've done fine for years without one on 45 psi,but i'm totally re working my ro stystem in a week or so and a booster could be on the shopping list

so looking for reccomendations please
I'm no technical boffin, will leave this to Spruce. I have one in my van from Pure Freedom, it is also their R/O system. All I can say is it reduces my 300+ tds, sometimes 400+, to between 6 & 8 after R/O and at times produces nearly 400 litres an hour of pure.   

I have a Clarke booster pump fills my 500 ltr tank in 75 mins, fabulous bit of kit. I did put a post on here about how i fitted it, and what fittings i used, , maybe have a reed  it might help you decide, image of my booster pump,  i bought from machine mart.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cbm240e-1in-multi-stage-230v-booster-pum/
At one time it was the only booster pump June from GAPS water would recommend due to its electronic controller.

I quite like the look of the Pure Freedom booster pump in that it has a built in bypass valve. The down side is that you need to add an expensive controller to trigger it.

Then there is the Gardiners booster with electronic control that @Tuffers has which he is happy with. For anyone who operates a 'basic' float switch and solenoid valve shut off then the electronic controlled pump is the way to go imho, ie Gardiners or Machine Mart.

i have an auto fill/flush stystem ready to marry up with the pump i'm just so undecided which one to go for,i've even looked at the basic pumps thinking i could rely on the membranes back pressure to boost the incoming psi

i have an auto fill/flush stystem ready to marry up with the pump i'm just so undecided which one to go for,i've even looked at the basic pumps thinking i could rely on the membranes back pressure to boost the incoming psi

Hi KevinC.

There are cleaners who have successfully used those smaller Machine Mart SPE1200SS pumps as booster pumps.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/051012200/

It was pointed out to me on a posting recently (my brains gone walkabout this week so I can't think who it was linked to) that this is the same pump that Clarke use on their Booster pump. Although that booster pump boosts pressure to 43psi its because its controlled by a pressure switch.

The pump on this one looks interesting

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cbm250ss-1in-stainless-steel-booster-pum/

I wonder if this will be a replacement pump for the CBE240E in the future.

I guess there are a few variations that windies use,  all i know is the one i got from machine mart, does the trick,  yes it is expensive, but if it fills 500lts of pure in 75 mins, when you work out the cost of pure water production, it will pay for itself very quickly.

Back