Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IBC Tank

CM Cleaning Services

Evening all

Recently purchased a van and it has an IBC Tank already fitted in the back :/

Anyone have ibc tank in there van ??

What's it like being unbaffled and the water sloshing effect ??

Do you tell insurance you have ibc tank fitted ??

Van is transit long wheelbase semi hi top so load carrying is fine , plus tanks fitted in solid through the floor and added frame built around the standard tank frame.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It will make it unstable driving round corners, so you will have to take roundabouts carefully. It will also be like being on a boat when you stop as the water will slosh around. As for your insurance company, give them an excuse not to pay out and they will jump at it.

Stopping distance will be greatly reduced as well. A mate of mate had her car wrote off by a windy with a ibc tank in the back full of water he never saw her apparently and couldn't stop his van fast enough because of the weight and this was at a local motorway services so he wasn't going that fast. His insurance company said he shouldn't have had a tank of that size in the back of his van. 

Their will be a few personal views on this post, But as i have said in the past its your insurance company that will decide your fate in a accident if you haven't fully disclosed all facts and information regarding your van. 

Agree with both the above.  Also read on another forum that the plastic isn't strong enough - could burst in the event of a crash.  Might sound funny, getting deluged but a ton of water traveling at 50mph will crush you as easily as a ton of scrap iron.

Look on youtube at crash tests and you will soon remove it

@GrippaTANK I'm sure will agree as tjey have done crash tests and I've seen tank split on youtube i think it was from maybe purefreedom

Look on youtube at crash tests and you will soon remove it

@GrippaTANK I'm sure will agree as tjey have done crash tests and I've seen tank split on youtube i think it was from maybe purefreedom
We have actually been to site to inspect a vehicle that was involved in an accident with a IBC Tank in the rear of the vehicle.

Most IBC Tanks have just a 3mm wall thickness and are not baffled in anyway. They were designed to be a stationary racking based tank.

Our recommendation would be very much inline with the above - to remove it.

Back