Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

tiger stripes

tench0771

1 minute ago, Iron Giant said:

Trouble is you have to get up a ladder to get to them and for me I ain't do high level guttering off a ladder. 

doesn't bother me, I just think its not the fall that'll kill me, its hitting the ground!

Its defo the hitting the ground that does the damage around 13 years ago I broke my wrist snapped my spine in 2 places and crushed one of my vertebrae  by 70% from a 6-7 foot fall. 

13 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Its defo the hitting the ground that does the damage around 13 years ago I broke my wrist snapped my spine in 2 places and crushed one of my vertebrae  by 70% from a 6-7 foot fall. 

sounds nasty m8 do u still have pain in your spine? how do u get around working wfp with a crush vertebrae ? the old boy i work with has one and he goes giddy when it plays up

They chipped a piece of bone off my hip and wedged it in then the bone regrows around it and I have two pins and screws in my spine, I don't suffer with any aches and pains just various nervous stuff legs and fingers going numb. But overall I manage fine with wfp been truck mount my back used to go off when I used a trolley lugging containers about.

sounds like you were lucky, high level ladder work is risky i have thault about using a harness verchall  life line on my triple defo some thing i may do alltho i hardly use it these days as i have gutter vac and wfp for most jobs only time i use is realy is to unblock hoppers  , but im toying with a ider of a pressure washer with a lance that curved so u can blast the **** down the pipe

Edited by tench0771

I fell from about 7 foot up and fractured my cocyx (tailbone vertabrae) and couldn't walk properly for a month.. could easily have been worse

The trouble is we all get complacent when on ladders all day everyday

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.