Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Limp mode , ford focus estate, any ideas

johnny bravo

As above,   they always put it on the computor  to fault diagnose,      take it off the via computor onkly for the fault to happen again.         focus 1600  diesel est. 

a chap sugests cleaning and checking all the  sensors etc,     knowing my luck id take it off and prob snap something important  putting it back togeather again.

anyone been through this scenario,        evans halshaw over road , been looking for decent runaround,     cheaper to do collecting and days out rather than having to use the van

Yep was the bain of my life with my last focus. Checked sensory. Injectors etc turned out it was a little known but common problem. Garages will plug it in and charge the earth £600 upwards. 

For me the issue was the dash circuit board. The solder on them often corpses causing a ton of problems from not starting to regularly going into limp mode.

I ripped out the circuit board and sure enough one of the small solder points was ever so slightly missing a bit of solder. Resoldered it and never had a problem again. It may not be your problem but was mine after investigating everything else. Hard to see in the pics as it really was so small. But it's the close up pic right bit of solder was ever so slightly missing a bit which meant the circuit was not connecting properly crazy to think something so small caused so many issues. 

E6D7C7F4-BB38-490A-A119-186FCC4ED786.JPG

3084066F-B8C3-41DD-8A75-96CE22AEA6D2.JPG

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.