Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Chemicals needed for first clean?

Hello folks, just looking for some opinions please whether you use any chemicals for your first cleans, and how you apply them.

Have seen some posts where TFR10 from a backpack followed by the normal WFP clean, or some degreaser sprayed onto the brush head before the clean, but some window cleaner friends just use the pole and scrub thoroughly.

What's your preference/most effective?

Thanks!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Upvc max from aims @AIMS Cleaning Hub is great

Personally i use very diluted hypo (sodium hypoclorite) but you need to know What you are doing with it and what frames not to use it on etc

Stick to upvc max is my advice

Not cheap if only buying one with postage but you only use a little diluted with water

Last edited by a moderator:
Ubik 2000 or screwfix degreaser I also put some soap in to bubble up the mix that's always been enough for me. My personal preference is Ubik.

Ubik 2000 or screwfix degreaser I also put some soap in to bubble up the mix that's always been enough for me. My personal preference is Ubik.
I used to use ubik but a lot better stuff out there if you know what is what

I go by the chemical make up of a product by googling the sds sheet for it or coshh so you can see what is in it

Hello folks, just looking for some opinions please whether you use any chemicals for your first cleans, and how you apply them.

Have seen some posts where TFR10 from a backpack followed by the normal WFP clean, or some degreaser sprayed onto the brush head before the clean, but some window cleaner friends just use the pole and scrub thoroughly.

What's your preference/most effective?

Thanks!

Thanks for the mention Dave B

Upvc max is great for first cleans.  I credibly powerful and knocks the socks off ubik and other general day to day degreasers.  

If you would like some upvc max you can order online at 

Https://www.aimscleaninghub.co.uk

Thanks for the mention Dave B
Upvc max is great for first cleans.  I credibly powerful and knocks the socks off ubik and other general day to day degreasers.  
If you would like some upvc max you can order online at 
Https://www.aimscleaninghub.co.uk

I would love to see a side by side example of the claims, pop a video up so we can see. If it does well then it will be a Great marketing tool on this forum.

Trust me UPVC MAX knocks the socks off TFR20 that's caustic.. use my discount code mate AA10.. Here's a pic the top is UBIK - The middle is Scott Denning TFR20 & the bottom was UPVC MAX.
1a1f6a1c9adfff1e8ec8175980a465c2.jpg

The only downside compared to ubik is you can't let it dry out like you would ubik or it needs another application to get the ingrained dirt off but i have never seen a shine like it on fascias and roofs etc

Ubik i would spray the whole lot and let dwell then scrub and rinse

Upvc max i would spray 1 side of the conservatory or the 1 length of fascia and scrub straight away as it doesn't need time to dwell and the dirt will just fall off but no point spraying what you can'tscrub in the next 20 minutes or it needs another spray

But well worth the extra steps to get such a clean shiny finish

I use hypo a lot as i do a lot of softwash and always have some 1% in my van but upvc max is the only thing i have found with the same results except i don't scrub with hypo lol

Seriously just try it rather than ask questions

That is how i have come to my conclusions as i have tried pretty much everything rathet than take other peoples word for it

This is one i did with hypo from the ground and the 2 i did yesterday and 2 conny roofs were just as clean but had a shine to them also.. hypo doesn't leave a shine just a very clean surface

Screenshot_20170718-175910.png

These guys sayit as it is as they use it. 

That's the best way . 

I can try and tell people all day no g but it sounds better and gives more backbone from guys that have actually used it and love it

It would scare customers if I arrived and started to get dressed with all the personal protection equipment needed.

Gloves, safety glasses and protective clothing. The only thing missing is a Geiger counter. I can imagine the consternation when they see this and wonder if there will be any vegetation left within the radius of the exclusion zone I set up.

I went wfp to remain alive. I wouldn't want to cause a chemical meltdown in Guisborough. Its bad enough wondering what the old ICI Wilton Chemical plants are pumping out into a surrounding Teesside atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would scare customers if I arrived and started to get dressed with all the personal protection equipment needed.

Gloves, safety glasses and protective clothing. The only thing missing is a Geiger counter. I can imagine the consternation when they see this and wonder if there will be any vegetation left within the radius of the exclusion zone I set up.

I went wfp to remain alive. I wouldn't want to cause a chemical meltdown in Guisborough. Its bad enough wondering what the old ICI Wilton Chemical plants are pumping out into a surrounding Teesside atmosphere.
Bit ott to be fair

The mix i use to softwash fascias and conservatories etc is so weak i have sprayed my hand to show a customer it would be safe on her fascias lol

No need for anything other than glasses to protect your eyes

Upvc max etc type chems are similar to ubik etc in as much as no ppe is needed unless you need gloves for sensitive hands

Back