Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flojet Pump Help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

steptoe

Hi Guys, just starting out in this business, can anyone help, I have a Flojet Pump (Versijet Series) I just need to now if I can use this for wfp cleaning, here are the details on the pump 12 volts, Flow 6GPM (22.68LPM) MAX 70 PSI (4.8BAR)    Thanks

No.

The flow is much too high. The most popular pump is 5 lpm x 100psi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks Spruce, do you also need a flow rate meter with the pump, or just let it run as it is.

Ok, thanks Spruce, do you also need a flow rate meter with the pump, or just let it run as it is.

Not totally sure what you mean tbh. Sorry. We have 5.2lpm Shurflo pumps and we use them with flow controllers to slow the pumps down. So we work with a flow of around 1.5 to 2lpm at the brush head depending on the windows. Remember, the jet most of us use now are 2 x 2mm pencil jets. You can only force so much water though those jets and its not much more than we use already - but I honestly haven't tried much more.

A flow controller is a PWM electronic devise. It slows the speed of the motor down by sending very fast electrical pulses to the motor.  The slower the motor the longer the off time between the electrical pulse is. But these pulses are so fast you will only see the motor running at a constant regulated speed.

Spring Controllers (they make rebadged units for most suppliers) and Varistream controllers use another technology that has a user set amp draw setting which cuts power to the pump when that amperage is reached. The end result is that it does a similar thing to a pressure switch.

A high flow pump like the Flojet you have will just trigger the dead end settings so the system won't work.

Ok, thanks, Think I got it, ill take a look on Ebay to see the pumps

Beware, there are Chinese Shurflo replicas on sale in the UK which are poor quality.

So you best only buy from a recognised wfp supplier such as Daqua, Purefreedom etc. Gardiners also sell pumps, but they aren't Shurflo.

Beware, there are Chinese Shurflo replicas on sale in the UK which are poor quality.

So you best only buy from a recognised wfp supplier such as Daqua, Purefreedom etc. Gardiners also sell pumps, but they aren't Shurflo.
The gardiner/grippa pumps are excellent

6lpm but very reliable

I got a 5.2lpm shurflow from full clean centre which has always been quite loud and having problems with it now with only 8 months usage 

I'm beginning to think this one is a fake

Got an old grippa one off Damo which is a few years old and still spot on

I would definitely recommend them

Back