Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best system to get so i can use van for other jobs- flat or upright?

slippy

Looking for a tank system which will allow enough room to put gardening equipment, or wood or tools etc.  Would it be better to get a tank which stands up or a flat tank.  Spoke to Varitech the other day and they do a flat tank which has a false floor on it (400 litre tank 40cm above van floor) with all the pumps and that hidden £4000.  You can use all all the van length ways.   The other companies have an upright tank in a cage.  Which would be better?

Got a SWB Vivaro with a 325L facelift compact window cleaning system. I also do quite a bit of garden & tree work. I can still get two mowers, blower and strimmer in OR my stump grinder when needed and I can even get my Rock Chipper in the van all with my window cleaning stuff.

Still wish i had the LWB van mind you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a SWB Vivaro with a 325L facelift compact window cleaning system. I also do quite a bit of garden & tree work. I can still get two mowers, blower and strimmer in OR my stump grinder when needed and I can even get my Rock Chipper in the van all with my window cleaning stuff.

Nice.  I got a Peugeot Expert SWB .  Looking for 400 or 500 litre tanks.   I wondered if a flat tank spread over the whole of van would work better thank an upright.   If it's flat one would be walked on and have things thrown on it.

A flat tank would save space but you will need some sort of 1 way valve connected to the tap otherwise when you brake etc the water flows away from the tap outlet causing airlocks

I have a 350l upright tank in a Peugeot Partner.

Can fit sheet stock on the right of the tank when i put the passenger seat down.

When I take the reel and buckets out I can also fit a baby stroller without having to collapse it.  :1f602:

There is also quite some room on top of the tank.

A flat tank would save space but you will need some sort of 1 way valve connected to the tap otherwise when you brake etc the water flows away from the tap outlet causing airlocks

Yeah the system Varitech talked about could be walked on and was spread all over van.  Can you get your own one of these with cage or something u can walk on?  Maybe with the pump etc underneath there.

If you are not wanting to pay for a professionally fitted tank etc , Then surely a 400ltr wyedale flat tank with pump etc will do the job and build a frame over the tank very much like in the pic above but a lot cheaper.

I have a 400ltr flat tank in my pickup and airlocks are never really a issue I just disconnect hose running from the pump to the reel and run pump flat out to push out airlocks takes seconds to do. 

And also do you really need a 400ltr tank just recently I have been checking how much water I have left after a days work more so recently and its very rare I get any were near emptying my tank their must be around 75 litres or so left in my tank at the end of each working day and I have been wfp for over 9 years, So seriously considering my next tank to be smaller when switching over to a van. 

I have never emptied my compact 325 even after a full day been close a few times, however I do live within minutes to most of my work and also carry a few 25l containers for the trolley. 

I had this problem....Gardeners 210 litre upright solved it for me....just carry the di vessel with me and either top up at customers or if close nip home if needed....h 630..w420..l 920...still leaves loads of room.

this is my tank,fits in a swb vivaro just snugly,fitting for leccy hosereel etc,i still have room on top for the pressure washer(it has added internal uprights for strenght) z shaped baffles and room for di vessels,outlet for the water to pressure washer,heater thermostat and sight gauge it stands around 315mm high

my new tank.jpg

He's on the Facebook forum, isn't he?  Maybe contact him.  Can he bolt them into the van?  i always have the water on a high flow rate- 500 litre would be the safest.  Saying that i can buy it 24hrs a day 5-15mins drive away.

Just looked at them.  You cant take the reel off the top easily can u and it's and extra charge to get the split charge relay wired up.

You don't really need a split relay though as you would have to do loads of driving to maintain the battery at the recommened level, It takes me 30 mins of driving to charge my phone by 10% when powered down I can't see a 85ah 12v battery getting much of charge from a split relay far better to bench charge overnight as and when required.

Back