Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose across roads

G

I currently have a 8mm ID system hose.

I run it across the road on only a couple of streets to save time and have had no problems.

I'm looking at buying a 6mm ID system hose.

It has 2mm thinner outside diameter, I think, so my question is...

You who use a 6mm system hose, have you had any problems with the hose getting tangled or stuck in tyre treads?

Thanks

I use 6mm run it across quiet a few roads and haven't had any problem with that mate. A lot of cars been over it

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Recently started to use 6mm and have had no problems so far with running cross the road.

I go across roads on quiet estates but still wouldn't run it across a busy road though in case it gets bounced up and catches on the underside of a fast car. I don't know if that would happen or not but it's something I'd worry about.

Has anyone ever has a bad experience of a vehicle driving over the hose?

Never a issue I have always used Gardiners 6mm id with a OD of 11.5mm just always ensure hose is laid flat in a straight line or so even on a quiet housing estate I always ensure I don't have loads of hose just laid in the road as some lads do if they have done the furthest job away from their van first. 

As if it was laid all over the road then some on driving to fast could get it wrapped around their tyre and drag the hose and gear down the road only ever heard of that happening once and it trashed the hose and dragged pole down the road as well. 

I go across roads on quiet estates but still wouldn't run it across a busy road though in case it gets bounced up and catches on the underside of a fast car. I don't know if that would happen or not but it's something I'd worry about. Has anyone ever has a bad experience of a vehicle driving over the hose?
Yeah only quiet roads.
I've had dustbin lorries over mine and I know there tyre tread is thicker.

Will just have to stand and watch if I have anything big over it.

Thanks for replys, given me confidence to switch.

Back