Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The ultmate

no i cant stand them as most of my wagtail work is on wood frames shop fronts and i find the liquidator end clips dig in to the wood or peal the paint off wich is not good ,paint also gets traped in the end clip and causes lines , i also find the ends of the rubber were quicker , and on a trad pole it fiels grippy on the glass so for me the wagtail wins hands down another thing i dont like is the thick pad when closing out as it gets traped ,the only pluss thing for me is the pad holds loads of water and u can adjust the handle  :coffee:  the list of faults out way the performance  in my case , but on upvc windows its much beta  :1f602:

im allmost done with the trad pole as well as i find a pointer with wagtail in the hand wins hands down on qualty of clean as u can wipe every thing proply buy hand were its not so good with a microfiber on the end of the trad pole i no its a lot quicker on a trad pole but qualty of clean is more inportent i only trad pole large glass now anything fidly and its pointer for me this is shop fronts tho

i had no issue with the wagtail handle m8 apart from the swivle was wore out so chucked this handle on as i liked the adjustment on it and it dont look like it will were out  :1f44c: but the thing i realy like about it is u can lock the squeegee like a standerd one for ground flore work 

This was my favourite tool before the excelerator handle was made

Loved the way the wag handle worked but had too many issues

Wrong angle so needed heating and bending back to 25°

Rubbish way to attatch washer and i had to sew on velcro strips to get it to stay on

Needs some sort of bearing not just a screw through a hole in the plastic

The plastic that holds the channel is very brittle after time and cracks

The wagtail could have been so good that the excelerator wouldn't have been invented but nobody ever listened to criticism 

Last edited by a moderator:
On 8/12/2017 at 17:36, Dave B said:

This was my favourite tool before the excelerator handle was made

Loved the way the wag handle worked but had too many issues

Wrong angle so needed heating and bending back to 25°

Rubbish way to attatch washer and i had to sow on velcro strips to get it to stay on

Needs some sort of bearing not just a screw through a hole in the plastic

The plastic that holds the channel is very brittle after time and cracks

The wagtail could have been so good that the excelerator wouldn't have been invented but nobody ever listened to criticism 

For anyone having problems with the hole distorting over time and creating slop, check out this pic. Put this together for a guy in the US. By using SS washers on both sides of the disc (epoxied) and the smooth shanked SS bolt a 'bearing like' integrity is created. I used this daily for almost 2 years with zero slop and minimal need for adjustment.

IMG_6371.JPG

Back