Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Charge extra?

T

Trad-Man

Hey folks!

Question for you...

If you tell your existing customer you have a solution/ paste that could clean up there frames and remove black runs or bird muck stains would you

1. Keep the price the same... your there to clean the windows no matter what extra stuff your using

OR

2. Charge more... it's an extra service and classed as window restoration.

Please comment what you think

thank you!

Trad - Man

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Depends on the customer for me

Some i would do it without even mentioning it and others i would definitely charge

Depends on the customer for me

Some i would do it without even mentioning it and others i would definitely charge
I would try on good customers,bought some PVC cleaner by Soudal that thinking of testing. If works a treat will probably offer as an extra charge.

Certainly would not use it on a first clean as I do not charge extra for first cleans and this would be a restoration.

Spend more time restoring frames for a couple extra pounds or travel and clean another house. If the customer asks about the frames you can tell them you can buy upvc restorer, which you don't normally do and charge them accordingly. 

I charge more to restore. Price depends on the state. I do take a good while cleaning them and customers have always been amazed how like new they are when i have finished.

Its a extra service and can be time consuming so why not charge. 

20170826_144748.jpg

20170826_145412_001.jpg

I charge more to restore. Price depends on the state. I do take a good while cleaning them and customers have always been amazed how like new they are when i have finished.

Its a extra service and can be time consuming so why not charge. 

View attachment 11177

View attachment 11178
what do you use to restore? I had no idea this could be done and so to answer the OP yes I would offer & charge extra.

what do you use to restore? I had no idea this could be done and so to answer the OP yes I would offer & charge extra.
I use upvc max. Wet the windows 1st an dont let it dry on them. Dont under price your self tho by hand it takes a while. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back