Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Point of no return

I suppose it depends how desperately you want or need to work that day. 

I think sitting around waiting to go out is a waste of a day. Shall I shan't i. Wait a bit longer etc.

I usually look at the weather when I'm setting off read a few weather reports etc then make a decision.

If (like Tuesday ) it's heavy and forecast all day I'll just sack the day off and get on with something else.

If it looks like weather is going to clear in a couple of hours I'll just head out and clean the first few in the rain whilst waiting for it to dry up. 

But it depends what I've got booked in.

I suppose it depends how desperately you want or need to work that day. 

I think sitting around waiting to go out is a waste of a day. Shall I shan't i. Wait a bit longer etc.

I usually look at the weather when I'm setting off read a few weather reports etc then make a decision.

If (like Tuesday ) it's heavy and forecast all day I'll just sack the day off and get on with something else.

If it looks like weather is going to clear in a couple of hours I'll just head out and clean the first few in the rain whilst waiting for it to dry up. 

But it depends what I've got booked in.
Same here, But is ideal if you have odd customer or two that you are behind on or a first clean.

Always good to have a floating job booked in. Something like an fsg or a Conny that you can do as and when. If it's going to rain in the morning go crack on with that when it clears back in the windows. 

In a different position to most starting to slow down for retirement in about 11 years or less no kids at home no mortgage etc so don't need to work in rain but if its not stopped by 1 pm then get ready for next day

depends on how bad u wana work ive been out as 2pm before and worked till 6pm but that was a bad month some times i just rite the day off go fishing or chill out at home watch tv

depends on how bad u wana work ive been out as 2pm before and worked till 6pm but that was a bad month some times i just rite the day off go fishing or chill out at home watch tv
Probably best attitude, especially the bad weather we have experienced in the Midlands this past couple of weeks, weather is a thing we can,t control, and if we cannot do anything about it, make best of time otherwise.

Guess one of the pro,s...or cons to being a window cleaner

If I have enough on the list close to me and I can squeeze in £100+ before 6pm I will still pop out.  

I have to take advantage of anything on a weekday now as I recently stopped doing weekends no matter what.  Not even if I need a catch up so don't have the luxury of jumping in on a Saturday anymore. 

Life first, work second.

I had that plan Darren of not working weekends

Didn't work as i have just done 6 (i think) saturdays on the bounce

All add ons and 1 offs but find it impossible to swerve it as it is extra money in my bin 

Only another month or so before that all dries up for the winter and i get my saturdays back

Next year i am determined i won't do it again

Hard to turn it down though when i can book in a couple of fsg and a conny roof on a saturday and make a fair bit of bunce or just sit at home twiddling my thumbs

Especially since i started getting into softwash and people want patios or fences cleaned and i can make a fair bit pretty quickly

Been raining here for best part of a month if u wait for the weather u will never get ur round finished , I get it done regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Life is so much easier now im just cleaning windows, not done hardly any add ons the last 3 months and its great, just get up and clean windows. got all my work done by thursday this week, just 3 first cleans this morning, early fiinish and weekend off. happy days, once i cant get all my work done in 5 days ill take someone on and keep growing. Add ons can be  like a stone in the shoe

Life is so much easier now im just cleaning windows, not done hardly any add ons the last 3 months and its great, just get up and clean windows. got all my work done by thursday this week, just 3 first cleans this morning, early fiinish and weekend off. happy days, once i cant get all my work done in 5 days ill take someone on and keep growing. Add ons can be  like a stone in the shoe
Do you think with focusing on the round itself your making more money doing that than add ons? Not spending money on equiptment like pressure washers etc.

You could probably fill up the round until your completly full and making  £200 per day minimum.

All depends on how much work you have got to get through and if you are behind with work as well, I prefer to get all my scheduled work for the week done that week even if it means going out for 1-2 hours towards the end of a day at times or just an hour or so on a saturday.

The weather and the forcasters have played mind games with me for over 17 years, Yesterday the local and national forecast along with the bbc weather app said it would lash down from 9am till 3pm it hardly rained all day. 

Back