Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what is the AMG settings for - CTEK 5.0 Charger

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Iurie

ive been using a ctek 5.0 for few years now and had to replace a 110 ah leisure battery after 12 months only - probably because the battery wasn't charged when and as required ?!   

do I have select CAR baterry or AMG  battery when charging ?      I always selected CAR battery  - could that be the reason the battery died after 12 months ?!  

cheers 

MXS-5-0.jpg

Not sure about C-Tek charger but I have a halfords smart charger and it has 2 options stop/start aka car battery or standard which is a leisure battery both batteries are different hence the 2 options @spruce is the expert on these matters. 

I have a halfords 75ah leisure battery which is now 8 months old and I was charging it every other night but in the last few weeks had to start charging it every night as voltage is dropping to 12.3 after a days work but ideally I wouldn't let voltage drop below 12.5v .

Not sure about C-Tek charger but I have a halfords smart charger and it has 2 options stop/start aka car battery or standard which is a leisure battery both batteries are different hence the 2 options @spruce is the expert on these matters. 

I have a halfords 75ah leisure battery which is now 8 months old and I was charging it every other night but in the last few weeks had to start charging it every night as voltage is dropping to 12.3 after a days work but ideally I wouldn't let voltage drop below 12.5v .

You guys give me too much credit. :1f609: Not sure "expert" is how I would describe myself; Alex Gardiner, Yes, Doug Atkinson, yes, others not mentioned by name, yes, me, no.

I have heard the caravaners rave about these C_Tek chargers but when looking at the instruction manual 'cars' refers a big lead acid battery whereas 'motorbikes' is a small lead acid battery. AGM is a special battery which is charged at different voltages so the only option for a leisure battery is the 'car' option.

I've always understood that a car or starter battery charger wasn't suitable for a leisure battery as it didn't fully charge it. However, this C-Tek charger has an internal program similar to intelligent leisure battery chargers.

My suggestion would be for @Iurie to contact the manufacturers and ask them for a definitive response.

I have ctek charger its the car mode you use. 

As @spruce says agm is a gel battery which charges differently to lead acid. 

A gel battery is a lot lot more expensive than lead acid. C-tek are one of  the best about for chargers, just connect, select car mode and leave it. They can literally bring a battery back to full from empty. 

You may have had defective cells in yiur old one which is not uncommon. 

You guys give me too much credit. :1f609: Not sure "expert" is how I would describe myself; Alex Gardiner, Yes, Doug Atkinson, yes, others not mentioned by name, yes, me, no.

I have heard the caravaners rave about these C_Tek chargers but when looking at the instruction manual 'cars' refers a big lead acid battery whereas 'motorbikes' is a small lead acid battery. AGM is a special battery which is charged at different voltages so the only option for a leisure battery is the 'car' option.

I've always understood that a car or starter battery charger wasn't suitable for a leisure battery as it didn't fully charge it. However, this C-Tek charger has an internal program similar to intelligent leisure battery chargers.

My suggestion would be for @Iurie to contact the manufacturers and ask them for a definitive response.
You shouldn't give such informative answers  :1f61c:

ive been using a ctek 5.0 for few years now and had to replace a 110 ah leisure battery after 12 months only - probably because the battery wasn't charged when and as required ?!   

do I have select CAR baterry or AMG  battery when charging ?      I always selected CAR battery  - could that be the reason the battery died after 12 months ?!  

cheers 
View attachment 10994
I've got the same charger and have been using it for about a year with sealed AGM batteries. I've always had it on AGM to charge. I have two batteries one 45ah and one 50ah, One on charge one in the van.
I easily get a day and a half from each of these.

I went through the same pain with leisure batteries. I had 75ah, 110ah and 85ah lead acids all of them failed in a short space of time. I changed to the Ctek charger from basic Maypole ones. The AGM are both second hand from a mobility company and were £10 each. Well chuffed.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back