Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

TDS Reading

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

steptoe

Hi guys, ok , so just received my TDS Meter, the reading from my tap is 229 would I get away with just using a DI or would I need an RO system too, and if so which one would you suggest  thanks.

tds very high for just dI, you will be going though resin like no tomorrow,   regarding other options it really depends on how much water you need to produce every day.

tds very high for just dI, you will be going though resin like no tomorrow,   regarding other options it really depends on how much water you need to produce every day.

I'm new to this, and looking to start up, I presumed with all the equipment on the van, you get pure water as your using the pole, do you not put tap water in the tank, and as it filters through it comes out pure.

For you, it would be best to run you out side tap into your van two pre filters ie sediment and carbon block then into RO, then through di vessel into tank.

I'm new to this, and looking to start up, I presumed with all the equipment on the van, you get pure water as your using the pole, do you not put tap water in the tank, and as it filters through it comes out pure.
If you lived in a soft water area with a tap tds of 42 ppm then yes some lads do it the way you have mentioned, But not a chance in your case with a tds of 229 as if you had a full round and did it the way you mentioned you would use loads of resin which would easily cost you well over £100 a month and more.

For you, it would be best to run you out side tap into your van two pre filters ie sediment and carbon block then into RO, then through di vessel into tank.

Thanks Jason, as for the cost of the above equipment, i think it will be best for me to just use a pure water filling station from www.spotlesswater.co.uk   think it would be cheaper in the long run. Thanks

Back