Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What would you guys do

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Corps012588

Went to clean a conservatory today which I had booked in.

Got up the ladder to clean the guttering between the conservatory and bungalow as there was a garden growing in it only to discover this20170810_121610.jpg20170810_121613.jpg

What would you guys have done?

I got down and told the guy about my discoveries and said I wasn't happy to proceed.

He then told me he knew there was a leak and had shoved a cloth in a gap to stop it!!!!

I've advised he gets it looked at asap

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Went to clean a conservatory today which I had booked in.
Got up the ladder to clean the guttering between the conservatory and bungalow as there was a garden growing in it only to discover thisView attachment 10997View attachment 10998
What would you guys have done?
I got down and told the guy about my discoveries and said I wasn't happy to proceed.
He then told me he knew there was a leak and had shoved a cloth in a gap to stop it!!!!
I've advised he gets it looked at asap

I'd have done the same as you. If he knew and hadn't told you beforehand it sounds like drama waiting to happen.

Walked off mate and charged for my services up to that point, Who knows what you may have uncovered and potentially made yourself liable in the homeowners eyes if water ended up pouring in at some point. 

I've had this before and noticed it as I started the clean.  Stopped working, downed tools, told them I wouldn't be happy to continue until it had been repaired as I a) didn't want to be blamed for it or b) cause more damage than necessary. It's a disaster waiting to happen and then the stress of them attempting to blame you.  Regardless of whether he knows about it or not he could still blame you post clean.  Definitely made the right choice walking away.

Back