Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How you started

Gazz

I like to know how others got into this industry and how they managed. So my question is what did you do before you went self employed and how was your first year, let's know how hellish it was.

Before I started window cleaning I was working in a production factory that was producing air conditioning. I worked in mitsubishi electric for 3.5 years. The job was deadend and the pay was low. All in all the Job was never the hardest but wasn't a career.

So I made a decision and had a look around for careers. Saw a window cleaner clean a store front. I went over to inspect his work and I criticised it and said I could do better and here I am. 

I'm still in my first year and I'm getting there. I now know the frustration of letting first cleans build up and pulling my hair out,but after the first clean it's all a dream. I'm certainly not the cheapest for my area but I get my work.

I do owe alot to the regulars on this forum. I took alot of information and learned from other people's mistakes and tried to avoid them. 

For any new members coming here, this forum is a brilliant opportunity to learn and assist you with your business.

I like to know how others got into this industry and how they managed. So my question is what did you do before you went self employed and how was your first year, let's know how hellish it was.

Before I started window cleaning I was working in a production factory that was producing air conditioning. I worked in mitsubishi electric for 3.5 years. The job was deadend and the pay was low. All in all the Job was never the hardest but wasn't a career.

So I made a decision and had a look around for careers. Saw a window cleaner clean a store front. I went over to inspect his work and I criticised it and said I could do better and here I am. 

I'm still in my first year and I'm getting there. I now know the frustration of letting first cleans build up and pulling my hair out,but after the first clean it's all a dream. I'm certainly not the cheapest for my area but I get my work.

I do owe alot to the regulars on this forum. I took alot of information and learned from other people's mistakes and tried to avoid them. 

For any new members coming here, this forum is a brilliant opportunity to learn and assist you with your business.
The response to your post is a bit slow mate because this subject was covered not long ago. ?

Had my own courier business, but came time for new vans etc ...and the regulations Councils may/will be bringing in plus traffic hassle etc decided alternative career were I would still be my own boss, and was a windie back in the day....so started up few Months ago.

Going fine, not as busy as I want yet, but little steps.

Am happier, have less stress/hassle, and feeling fitter (body still aches in the morning,but did anyway) .

As an aside agree with Gazz as to how helpful this forum is.

Latest Posts

Back