Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a difference 11psi makes!

Skxawng

Premium Member
I've just moved house but before I moved I thought I needed new RO membranes as I was only getting 12ppm product water with 40psi tap pressure.

At the new house the mains pressure is 51psi and I'm now getting 1ppm! :1f603:

I knew extra pressure helped but not that much!

That's very low! I thought mine was bad with 40. What does your booster pump get it up to and what's your ppm if you don't mind me asking?
I live on top of a hill, hence the low water pressure. I also have a water supply that varies between low 300's and low 400 's. My booster pump can be altered and can boost up to either 120 or 140psi, I run it at just below 100psi. 

My TDS before DI is between 6 or 8ppm depending on what water supply I'm getting that day. 

Sorry to hijack the thread but I have a couple of questions.

Firstly does the pump have to be the first part of the system? So hose from the tap into the pump and then onto the filters/RO?  Secondly whats the easiest way of measuring the outdoor tap psi?

i am very lucky i get 75 psi tap pressure, and i have a Clarke booster pump, to boost it up to 100 psi, which is  i think the optimum pressure for  the Axon membrane, i dont really need the booster pump,  but i needed it for my previous address, now i have moved i still use it, and i can fill my 500ltr tank in about 75 mins, from empty.  Happy days

My Tds through my RO (10 yr old with 4 yr old membranes and 1 yr old prefilters) is now 0ppm! I thought there must be something I'm missing so I've got a hand held meter to confirm and it actually is producing 0ppm water. I measured the tap purity though and it's 98ppm here and used to be 300ppm at the old house even though its only 20 mins away. So its not just the 11psi making the difference!

Mystery solved :)

Back