Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hard week with the xline pole ?

Is it the weight of it ? I suffer with carpool tunnel and tennis elbow so use a slx 18 most of the time and just keep the 22 for town houses, that's help me a lot [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

yes its defo heaver than my slx wont be geting a nother its also lookin quiet worn all redy on the number 1 section had to adjust the clamp yesterday as it started spinning  :1f632:  my elbo was playing up but it seems to have sorted its self out these last few months i use ultmate brushes so that keeps the waight down but this xline is a bruet on the sholders ive also been working 6 day weeks so that may have a effect on them

My shoulders are both feeling it but i think it is the 6 day weeks doing it to 1 and not letting my damaged rotator cuff heal on the other 

Ice and anti inflammatories are the best thing Lee

Ibuprofen is ok but naproxen or diclofenac is best if you know anyone who has some

Is it the weight of it ? I suffer with carpool tunnel and tennis elbow so use a slx 18 most of the time and just keep the 22 for town houses, that's help me a lot
emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums
My  exact pole setup, ultimate brushes and now power up hd reel, my shoulder is dicky but wvery little weigh saving helps as far as I'm concerned, maybe a extreme 18 in the future.

done with the xline gear then tench? im gonna get gardiner next but i'll get my monies worth out of the xline if it kills me! 
yea i just fancyed a change to be honist ive allways wanted to try a xline pole qureossaty killed the cat as the say haha its a ok pole but heavy and short once u add the extion it is realy heavy but with out its the same waight as a slx22  but once extended it fiels top heavy so im gesing it has ficker top sections maby ? 

@tench0771 only you will know if its the same weight as a SLX-22  by the feel of both of them by being able to make a side by side comparison, I have directly asked suppliers in the past on forums about their weights and they just ignored my questions so i often thought they just copied the Gardiner weight specs to sell their poles. 

The Elite pole I posted a pic of last week or so which X-Line bought out and just re-branded poles years ago claimed the same weight specs as some Gardiner poles and side by side holding each pole I can tell you they didn't weigh the same. I still have both poles in my garage and my S-Max is the lightest. 

As for the new Xtreme not so sure I would by one I had a quick look on another forum and a guy on their who practically worships gardiners and the previous Xtremes  said the wear rate was the same as a SLX and felt fragile I think he snapped some sections as well. He is now happy to revert back to the SLX range.

My current everyday pole is my own type of hybrid in a way started off as series 2 Xtreme with metal bands after 11 months No3 section snapped and was replaced under warranty with a series 3 xtreme section due to stock issues, Then in Jan of this year section No2 snapped so I got my brand new unopened SLX-22 out of the box and replaced the section with the No2 SLX section, Section No1 has barely worn because of the metal clamping bands so none of the typical top part wear issues. Its the best pole I have ever owned.

@Damo bought the series 2 Xtremes in bulk a good while back I think it was gardiners was going to stop selling them as complete poles due to the series 3 been released. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have 1 or 10 floating around haha. 

Had two series 3 extremes and so far touch wood all ok. First one went past a year and nothing snapped so happy. 

yea i just fancyed a change to be honist ive allways wanted to try a xline pole qureossaty killed the cat as the say haha its a ok pole but heavy and short once u add the extion it is realy heavy but with out its the same waight as a slx22  but once extended it fiels top heavy so im gesing it has ficker top sections maby ? 
yeah i feel that mate i got 2 extentions that I use for a few job and once im done and I take them off its a sigh of relief! I just got the pole as I was starting out and thought they would be good but ive done plenty of research since then and I won't be going back! I get the shoulder thing as well not sure if its the pole or a old injury getting agitated but i'm defo looking to reduce pole weight as much as possible hope the shoulder settles over the weekend I know how hard a Monday with a bad shoulder is! 

Ice Pac on the shoulder should sort out the strain them xline poles seem to kill me ?
totally agree mate had one before and thought they bad to work with just don't feel right, slx 25 for me all day long but fancying something like the extreme myself just worried about how long they last heard not as hard wearing as slx ? all the best bud

has any one tryed or got the reach it mini pole this is a nother one thats cault my eye lol 
Ask @James Allen he has one i believe

Rinse on the glass saves a lot of strain
I rinse on the glass 99% of the time whether top or bottom windows

A lot easier

Especially as just been to the gym and done full body workout on the weights.. no pussy footing around just heavy compound lifts after a full day of conny roofs and fascia cleans

Arms are gonna be no good monday lol so on the glass makes the difference between managing to work and just wussing out for the day

Last edited by a moderator:
Back