Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employing advice please

paul1

Hi guys long time sonce last post been flat out..

looking at employing next year as getting pulled out and suffering with a back problem too so need help.. what is the best way to employ? 2 man set up? or put another van on the road, and what status is best self employed, employed etc? any advice grately appreciated, thanks guys

Paul1

Depends on your needs from what you've said 2 man I employ all staff but that's not the industry norm

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Depends on your needs from what you've said 2 man I employ all staff but that's not the industry norm

thanks mate, do you pay an hourly rate then or day pay, yeah I'm thinking initially 2 man van for the help and weight of back etc but would like to build up and few vans on road would like to do well and work coming in everyday nearly, thanks

Annual salary how you calculate that is upto you,
All my lads are paid the same base + overtime.

Pay your accountant to do wages should be peanuts a month

Annual salary how you calculate that is upto you,
All my lads are paid the same base + overtime.

Pay your accountant to do wages should be peanuts a month

HMRC have a download that does it all for you. Takes a couple of minutes per week per employee. Gives you P60 and anything else you need, I'm no computer boffin and even I can do it 

I don't employ, But if I did it would be a 2 man 1 van set up as quality control is very important and ensuring they meet your standards both with cleaning and dealing with clients.Also you need to know they are looking after your equipment, The things I have seen and heard of over the years regarding abusing poles and just taking the pee and not getting workloads completed .

I agree with iron giant, 2 man setup,   after a year with new work coming in you will know if you can trust him to be on his own,    You will have to check his work alongside yours,      other windies are too quick  or worse are too slow.

you will then know what work load he will be capable doing in a days work, without leaving windows out.

DONT forget just because that customer is not in the house that day,  his NEIGHBOURS may be watching you  and if any windows are missed they may tell him,

Ie had a couple on new customers because they say theres dosent always clean the bathroom windows,    Maybe because he thinks they wont notice with Frosted glass.    But they do.      Your employee can pick up bad habbits,   You have to build that trust and confidence with him  for him to be left alone.

Good Luck.      Advertise on Indeed , Gumtree,     If you aer lucky you will get a teenager who NEEDS the money  and will want to make more money with you.

You will get LOTS of aplications sent even from people who have never cleaned a window in there lifes.  THEY have to apply for over 20  - 40 jobs a week,     Only if you are from GB. and they sign on

Get a young family member to join your team. As long as there not lazy you'll mould them into a good cleaner for you.

Or

I believe the best employee would be either 1 or 2 part time workers that attend college/university. There long term goal is not to clean windows but to attain a qualification. Which means you'll not likely be screwed over by them until they decide to move on.

Back