Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Generator

THL4KEL

Just went to switch my generator on not been used for a bit it starts but after a few seconds it's just dies.. 

Oil ok petrol ok don't suppose anyone would have any ideas? 

Cheers 

THL

Yeah could be that mate.. Looking on the net people talk about an oil sensor causing issues.. Have to try looking at again in morning. 

I had a similar problem, thanks for your advice. The whole problem was in the fuel filter. the other day, when the light was turned off, my backup generator did not work, and it is good that I quickly solved the problem, since power outages often occur in my area. Well, in this article https://thetoolscout.com/how-does-a-standby-generator-work/ I learned more about the operation of the thread generator. I don't think I'll have any more problems with the generator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went to switch my generator on not been used for a bit it starts but after a few seconds it's just dies.. 

Oil ok petrol ok don't suppose anyone would have any ideas? 

Cheers 

THL
Varished carb, blocked yet, punctured float in bowl or grit dirt and derbis in it

Back