Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worth changing from trolley to tank??

Adda85

Hi, I'm currently using the trolley system for cleaning windows but I'm not a massive fan and I'm thinking of changing to a tank system. I only have a small van so was gonna go for the Facelift Compact, and definitely the one with the power up he reel.  Would it be worth spending over £1000 to upgrade? Guessing il be saving quite a bit of time each day, especially with the power up reel. thanks Adam 

If your work is compatible for a van mount then it will make a massive difference some peoples work is not suited to a van mount(poor parking,terrace house,going through house etc but if your work will let you then it will speed you up and reduce fatigue.

As @Cghwindowcleaning says above it depends on whether your round is compatible. It will take a little getting used to .... However I reckon it improved my turnover by about 33% - so was well worth it for me. It's also quite a relief not having to hump 25L barrels of water around.

You'll need to work out how you are going to secure  the Facelift compact system in your van. Looking at the videos for it the screws they use will not hold the tank in place if you are unfortunate enough to have an accident. I made my own DIY system - parts from Pure Freedom and Gardiners - and I use 5 ton ratchet straps attached to angle iron, which is secured to the van chassis.

You could buy a 250ltr wyedale upright tank for £130 from http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk  and strap it in for the time been and buy a cheap lightweight reel and as above use your trolley to pump water through from tank into the reel all very easily done and maybe carry 2 containers for extra water and the odd job that maybe easier with the trolley. 

All depends on your van in terms of size and payload which is worth checking before buying a tank and work out the total weight with all equipment, Also if you are to strap your tank in your van let your insurance company know before you buy a tank as some won't let you have a tank in the back unless its professionally fitted. 

Trolley vs van mount = no contest. Van mount all day long but keep your trolley just in case you need it.

I still remember the first time I used the reel hose, I got in that much of a tangle I just picked it all up and slung it in the back  :1f602:

Latest Posts

Back