Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fighting Tiredness

WCF

Help Support WCF:

James Turner

Hey guys. I've been cleaning windows now for just over a year and a half having previously only worked office jobs. I knew when I started that it would be a physically demanding job but if I stuck in I would get used to it. Lately though, I find myself struggling only after a couple of hours. Not sure if this is a mental or physical wall that I'm hitting. What do you guys do to help you through the day and combat any tiredness or fatigue? 

Change your diet? I find if I eat 5 small healthy meals a day no bread or pasta or anything sugary my energy levels soar typical day all have breakfast around 7 meal at 11 then 2 6 and 8 sometimes skip last but find it has big impact during the day 

money drives me to be honist u just gota push throu the tiredness  dont eat to much at lunch as that will make u fiel slugish eat a good  breckfast in the morning but this sounds more like u have lost your drive?

I know its not healthy but if I have a full english breakfast at the start of the day it gives me a lot more energy..

Alternatively a big bowl of porridge. 

couple questions

a) how longs your work day

b) how many days a week

c) how many hours sleep do you get

d) do you have kids

e) do you eat healthily

I try to only do 5-6 hour days, try and get 6-8 hours kip a night, eat healthily and also take multivitamins. However I have 2 young kids so im tired most of the time. Also drink water, you may be dehydrated not tired.

Hey guys. I've been cleaning windows now for just over a year and a half having previously only worked office jobs. I knew when I started that it would be a physically demanding job but if I stuck in I would get used to it. Lately though, I find myself struggling only after a couple of hours. Not sure if this is a mental or physical wall that I'm hitting. What do you guys do to help you through the day and combat any tiredness or fatigue? 
My son is a personal trainer and his advice to me has been to eat a small meal every 2-3 hours. Take things with you like malt loaf, nuts and raisins. Don't be tempted with fizzy pop or so called energy drinks. Window cleaning is pleasantly physical not hard labour ., but you do need to look after yourself.ie go to bed early and try to eat healthily( at least during the week) my wfes grand father still cleaned a few bungalows at 80! Best of luck!

Could also be depression or stress.

There's many things that can cause extreme fatigue from diet, stress to a physical condition.

My advice take a week off, relax, eat and sleep well and see how you fell when you get back to it.

If you are still struggling see your doctor.

It's not normal to be knackered after a couple of hours.

We all get it and the biggest problem I have is having motivation to drive forward after 8 hours graft.

Luckily I have 2 kids and a missus that spend money like I'm some Corrupt African politician.

So it's a case of needs must and cracking on!!!

Go and treat yourself and take the day off get back to it tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Sometimes I'm in the same boat mate. Like right now  :1f602: ... I'm the opposite of the advice here. Get a tin of Rockstar in you. I'm proof it makes me work longer and harder lol

Drink plenty of water.  I get through 2 litres  over my 6 hours working day and on hot days more.  I even ask my customers for water when they offer a drink as i don't like too much caffeine.  And diet is good... regular snacks helps.  Breakfast for me is Porridge & fruit & yoghurt.  Wraps for lunch followed by a health bar like nakd and crackers mid morning or afternoon if peckish.

Thanks guys. Lots of real good advice that I'm going to look in to. You'll laugh when I say I'm only 28 but maybe it is more of a mental thing which is coming out in a physical way. I do worry whether i can get through my work in time because of the weather, do i have enough to keep me going, am i doing a good enough job not to loose any customers. That's why i left my previous job because i was worrying too much and was starting to have anxiety attacks. Maybe i need to step back and look at my end goal for why I'm doing this. Plenty of stuff there for me to look in to. Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't take it to heart if you lose a few customers along the way. That's normal for all sorts of reasons. Most will appreciate the job you are doing.

You can get self doubt about all kinds of issues sometimes when working on your own. That's when this forum really helps. You are not on your own. You have shown initiative and drive to set up in the first place. Many wouldn't take that chance. You  have respect from all on here already.  Best of luck.

Back