Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Two people from same microbore hose?

Hey all

Getting closer to taking over a round and the setup as it stands is 100 metres of 8mm minibore to a work belt and then a second pole hose from that belt to the second worker. Works well. However I am wanting to get a PowerUP HD reel and know they can only take 6mm microbore hose. Definitely need 100 metres of reel so a shortened amount of 8mm is out. So my question is, would our two man setup work with the microbore hose or would there just not be enough pressure through that hose to allow for two people rinsing etc?

Thanks

I used to have a splitter at the end of my 100m 6mm microbore when I first started taking someone with me years ago. I used a 100psi 5.2lpm shurflo pump and it handled it ok.. Not great pressure but ok. There are issues with that set up though. 1st, you have to stay quite close together and 2 people wfp are more efficient working separate houses so it's relatively slow. 2nd if 1 turns the tap off, the other gets double pressure which can be annoying if you're being careful around a vent. 3rd if you are at different heights then whoever is high up gets little water.

If you are getting a new power up with 100m 6mm hose then why not use that for one pole and the old hose reel for the second pole. Have a splitter after the pump going to both hose reels. Having the split close to the pump mitigates the issues of working off the same pump. The 8mm hose will get slightly more water than the 6mm though. A complete separate pump, hose, pole for each person is the best way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a splitter at the end of my 100m 6mm microbore when I first started taking someone with me years ago. I used a 100psi 5.2lpm shurflo pump and it handled it ok.. Not great pressure but ok. There are issues with that set up though. 1st, you have to stay quite close together and 2 people wfp are more efficient working separate houses so it's relatively slow. 2nd if 1 turns the tap off, the other gets double pressure which can be annoying if you're being careful around a vent. 3rd if you are at different heights then whoever is high up gets little water.

If you are getting a new power up with 100m 6mm hose then why not use that for one pole and the old hose reel for the second pole. Have a splitter after the pump going to both hose reels. Having the split close to the pump mitigates the issues of working off the same pump. The 8mm hose will get slightly more water than the 6mm though. A complete separate pump, hose, pole for each person is the best way.
Thank you for the detailed reply,  I appreciate it. I think I am going to wait for the Pure Freedom powered reel as that allows for 100 metres of minibore I do believe.

Last edited:
Back