Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soft washing with P,Washer ???

NCS

Hey guys some help here would be great. Does anyone use a pressure washer to apply hypo on roofs ?? using down stream injector to suck up the chemical. So my Question is: what pressure should I set my pressure washer at?? Its a 3000 psi yanmar, I'm in the process of purchasing the J rod tips for softwashing for the quick connect . And this is leading on to get my ratio right; 3% Hypo with water etc and should I have chemical injector opened fully or closed so less chem coming out? thanks really appreciate if someone could help with advice.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Softwashing is by definition using a softer approach with low pressures. Never heard of anyone using a pressure washer to soft wash. The chemicals would go every where and you would use up mental amounts also! 

Yeah I get that Cristian but surly with the correct nozzles (J rod) and engine turned down to correct speed ; lets say as low as it will go ; but enough to keep me in SW pressure, would that still not do for SW a roof ?? Thanks for ur reply

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

So wot do u use mate?? I'm still all learning about SW. Been self employed ten years see this as a great add on for my customers. Plus don't have the money right now to invest

I'm sure you could get away with that but I don't think you will be able to get the mix right with a down stream injector running off a pressure washer. There is much easier ways that work brilliantly without costing a fortune!  The thing is when you have equipment sitting already it's hard not to think, yeah this will work as you dint want to shell out more cash. But at the end if the dat you would make plenty back cleaning roofs so why not put something together that is more suitable. Oh and some folk will freak out if they see ye near their roof with a pressure washer!! 

I have put together a 100 litre ATV spray tank with Seaflo 60 psi 5 gallon a minute pump with Viton Seals etc that's got a regulator so I can control the flow, hose reel and water fed pole with goose neck with fan sprayers on it for delivery. It works through a battery box with leisure battery. Soft wash anything with it 

So really I could use my water fed pole set up? Except the tank to & filters. Just make a few pipe adjustments to run through my 100psi surflo pump (don't know how many gallons minutes it puts out) put a spray nozzle attached to the end of pole and try from their?? Trial & error

Yes, no problem at all. It will take a bit longer but you can do it. Just remember to flush your pump out each time after hypo use, or it will kill your pump much sooner. 

Your pump will probs be a 5.5 litre a min one if its a standard pump for WFP. Don't go near you main tank if you can help it. Make a connection that you can just drop a hose into 25litre drums and suck it up from there. 

Customer was asking me today to use water can lol on his two storey house. So with my minimum research this past few months I told him I had a set up in the van for that kind of service if he wanted me to do it. Thanks

But surely them guys r using some sort of engine to drive the water up on roofs as I see in you tube videos going by the sounds of their videos it's an engine. A surflow pump doesn't make that kind of noise. Guys in the USA mainly.

Softwashing is by definition using a softer approach with low pressures. Never heard of anyone using a pressure washer to soft wash. The chemicals would go every where and you would use up mental amounts also! 
The Americans do it all the time

A downstream injector draws less chemical the more pressure and flow you use

By turning it right down it draws chemical and allows you to spray sw mix without using a lot of pressure

The correct tips allow you to have a high flow without the pressure for rinsing down afterwards also

This guy is using a downstream injector and just a ball valve on the hose instead of a lance etc

A lot of them doing it like that

The hard part is working out the ratio of chem and water in the tank/drum to get the right mix once downstream

https://youtu.be/bZ9oGS5rPR4

Last edited by a moderator:
So u think he is using engine (PW) to drive that water and chem out their? Yes that is the hard part knowing how much chem ur using along side the water. Obviously with the injector the chem is not going into the pump cause it is fitted after the pump. Just need the correct tips (J rods) even though this guy had nothing but quick connect on to spray & rinse. Thanks mate

Unless they work out exactly how much chem they need for job by measuring roof size etc and just keep spraying to chem is finished on truck??

mark cave does kits      called the x jet i think    used one at the start  handy    and it doesnt go thru the pump   

I have put together a 100 litre ATV spray tank with Seaflo 60 psi 5 gallon a minute pump with Viton Seals etc that's got a regulator so I can control the flow, hose reel and water fed pole with goose neck with fan sprayers on it for delivery. It works through a battery box with leisure battery. Soft wash anything with it 
Hey Cristian just to ask u about after u spray on the (hypo mix?) with fan jet' r u rinsing it off after so many minutes or using brush end to scrub & rinse or just letting it stay on wots ur way. I know it looks like a silly question lol

Latest Posts

Back