Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What else do you do? Grrr

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

Just had a lady call...

Hi I saw your van. Can you clean my windows, I live round the corner from you.

Now my van is yellow and signed as a "window cleaner"

She says.. how much bla bla.. it's £20... Oh is that inside and out.. no just outside.. do you use profession equipment?

??? Yes

The conversation was going great so far. Then boom..

Do you clean the walls...

Uh no I am a window cleaner. The brush is designed for glass and frames and it cost £50 to replace.

Oh ok what else do you do?

I clean frames and windows...

Ok

Can you now lawns?

Pardon?

Do you cut grass?

Uh no I only clean windows.

Ok

Your van is big... Can you take some stuff from my garden?

What stuff... My van is full of window cleaning equipment!! I don't have space..

If not much I can't fit it in my car...

Lol now this is where I just think to myself that this women is taking the ****...

Ok I'll come round Friday and have a look.

Can you come today or tomorrow?

No I have a big contract I need to do.

And tomorrow?

It's a 2 day contract!!!

I'm in tomorrow..

Ok I'll come tomorrow if I have time... Bye..

I hope she finds a window cleaner because I'm stuffed if I'm going to that one... Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Amazes me how many times we get asked to do other stuff I wonder if all tradesmen get it. Recently I've been asked if I can paint a shed and fence next time I call and another if I can collect a cupboard she bought on ebay!! 

I have been asked about the odd thing over the years, But not as many as that in a short phone call  :1f602:  , Also bewilders me that people assume that either i am not busy or can just drop everything and fit a add on job in within 1-2 days, Had a call on monday afternoon for a f.s.g clean wanting in done the next day as they had estate agent coming out. 

Latest Posts

Back