Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Time Is Money Afterall - Ladder Clamps

Gazz

I currently use universal ladder clamps from screwfix and it takes so much time to load and unload my ladders from my car.

Here's some poor maths:

Out the car/van, then have to turn, then then and turn until you loosen up the tension. Pull one clamp off, then do the other & Repeat to get it back on.

Then you put your utility belt on/BOAB/OFF

2 min each time? That's 4mins per job. You do 15 houses per day that's 1 hour per day you spend messing about getting your ladder off.  

That's £20/£30 per day x 5 days a week is £100/£150 per week.

So I seen rhyno clamps for around £40 with free delivery. I know these would be a massive upgrade for me, but anyone got another solution?

Someone mentioned to me a modded seat belt. What do you use?

Edit: I won't be using a WFP or a trad pole. Just thought I'd state that lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Some car shops etc will sell them. It's just making sure you get good quality ones. I have ones from b&m and they don't last. EBay would be a gamble unless it states heavy duty 

I use clamps when travelling long distances, otherwise just a rope to tie them on, takes seconds. I used to wear my trad belt and wedge boab in door pocket, open door boab on untie and off I go, takes seconds.

So busy no time to undo ladders :1f602:

Life is too short to worry mate

When i was trad i ised rhino clamps and always wore trad belt

Unclip boab and leave in the back and wear the rest

So busy no time to undo ladders :1f602:

Life is too short to worry mate

When i was trad i ised rhino clamps and always wore trad belt

Unclip boab and leave in the back and wear the rest
I will be doing that. I'll have to get a moerman BOAB because my unger one is useless for my moerman gear. I use a unger Holster to hold my liquidator. 

I'm sort of a pack mule. I have everything on my trad belt. But taking it off all the time is frustrating. So I'll have to work around it. 
I used to, then I realised a lot of stuff wasn't being used, what I did was go through everything and try and work out when I last used it, if more then a week had passed it went into car, got rid of 50% of what I carried. If I needed it for a job I just pop back to car, or put it in for the job and then straight back into car. Make the day easier as less stuff weighing u down too

Nowadays mine stays in the van until i have wfp'd the tops as it is too much to drive with as i have a lot on the belt

Screenshot_20161210-165947.png

I like the moerman boab because the clip stays on your belt and you just need need to pop it in when you're jumping in and out.  :1f44d:

I like the moerman boab because the clip stays on your belt and you just need need to pop it in when you're jumping in and out.  :1f44d:
That's the plan. I use moerman gear so I'd be able to get rid of my unger boab and unger Holster by getting the moerman boab. 

I use just one of the pair of screwfixes ladder clamps on my roof rack front rail and bungee cord on rear one to secure ladder. Saves lot of time...and got the other clamp if need to take my bigger ladder too.

Back