Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing help needed...

A

Aspect

Hey guys,

I've been asked to quote this job, it's an office building for a food company.

See the attached photo.

Also, the largest pole I have is the SLX35 - do you think that would be long enough?

Any help / suggestions really appreciated!

Thanks Guys

2549521249468661807b8864e8240515.jpg
20170816_112202.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Is it just windows or windows & cladding.

I would have thought a 35ft pole would be plenty long enough.

For just the windows in the photo for a regular clean I'd quote around £40 for the outsides (maybe £35 if I really wanted the job). Also bear in mind it'll be a pain to clean them during regular working hours so this will be an early morning or weekend job.

For just the windows in the photo for a regular clean I'd quote around £40 for the outsides (maybe £35 if I really wanted the job). Also bear in mind it'll be a pain to clean them during regular working hours so this will be an early morning or weekend job.

Cheers mate.
I was thinking it would be more than that...glad I asked.
Thanks for your help!

Your 35' should reach, might have to stand closer than ideal for very top windows. I would do them with a 45cm brush in 30-40 minutes, so I would want circa £30, prompt payment, if it was close to another customer, more if there was traveling time. Im in the North East, sure down south would be  more. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Your 35' should reach, might have to stand closer than ideal for very top windows. I would do them with a 45cm brush in 30-40 minutes, so I would want circa £30, prompt payment, if it was close to another customer, more if there was traveling time. Im in the North East, sure down south would be  more. 

So 30-40 mins for you.
I don't have a 45cm brush so it will probably take me a little longer.
Great to get another opinion.
Do you think those frames will cause problems, running dirty water down the windows?
Would you rinse on or off the glass for the top floor?
Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks mate.

No vents so extra water first wash should sort it out. Just a word of warning, from personal experience, if the sign above the door is foreign language I would personally be very careful. I did an office at  a food company and got nothing but hassle, complaints about wet windows, how long I took, how much I charged even though they got 3 quotes and then very slow payment. Sure there are good ones, my personal experience is different. 

No vents so extra water first wash should sort it out. Just a word of warning, from personal experience, if the sign above the door is foreign language I would personally be very careful. I did an office at  a food company and got nothing but hassle, complaints about wet windows, how long I took, how much I charged even though they got 3 quotes and then very slow payment. Sure there are good ones, my personal experience is different. 

That's great advice. I think I'll be very clear about method etc before I start. I may even price it a little high just as a buffer.
Solid point... Thanks again!

Back