Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do I really need a new controller?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

koopmaster

So I blew my controller.. tut tut.. yes I should have had a fuse ok, but I don't really change the system out as my solar panel charges it all year round so it hasn't moved in a year..

But ..

I needed to test the caravan battery so I swapped them and put it on backwards so it blew..

Anyway ...

I'm running at 100 instead of 50 and I already have a tap which I use... Water is cheap so not a issue and battery is charged...

I can't really see a reason to buy a new controller... In fact I seem to be cleaning faster this week but that could be because I was just on holiday...

Anyone else think it's needed?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I tried that after doing the same sort of thing

A controller is best

You can get a cheap pwm (pulse width modulator) from ebay for about 4 quid which does the same job.. that is what i use now

I didn't use a controller all week and I noticed it did hammer the battery a little.. by Friday I had to swap batteries and even then the power started to drop. Good thing it's sunny this weekend so it will be charged for Tuesday. I have put a controller on now and increased it to high and it's definitely drawing a lower current... That's how i prefer it... Never need to charge the battery then just let the solar panel do its thing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agree, a simple pwm controller is all you need. You can get one a bit more fancy with a display. Good for fine tuning flow rates.

Back