Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I have made my first pure....on to the next step.. Advice needed....

Bart90

Hi guys,

Thanks to the advice on here, today I set up the two DI's from Daqua and boom have got 50 litres of pure water reading 001 and 0.  

Now I need advice on trolley/backpack/poles etc.   

I intend to only clean upstairs wfp, at first 30 - 60 customers will make the switch with more switching later on down the line once i've mastered everything.  I work out of an estate so space is a bit tight.  Would def want a decent pole that extends to 3 floors if needs be and is good quality.  What are my best options?  And trolley or back pack?  

Any thoughts/ advice would be great.

if you do decide to do a diy trolly use a flow controller instead of just a simple on/off switch . if you use just a on/off switch and kink the hose from your water to your pole  the battery will still run but if your using a flow controller and you kink the hose itll stop the battery and youll not waste your battery when not in use .if that makes sence lol   plus using a flow controller instead of the battery going flat out you can change the speed of the flow . which also save on battery .     for example one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/water-fed-pump-control-window-Cleaning-Pump-Shurflo-flojet-Wfp-Window-Cleaning-/272800495808?hash=item3f842d38c0:g:UuUAAOSw1vlUrXnf

wow iv never seen them . how long have you had one are they good . wish id seen them 18 months ago lol 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had one about i months now

Doesn't shut the pressure switch off like a controller but does control the speed

The pressure switch on the pump actually has to do what it is designed to do rather than let the spring controller shut off before it

If it eventually weara out you can get a new pressure switch from wintecs for about 3 quid or from maplins

I've worked out of a saloon (Nissan Primera P11) with a Pure Freedom trolley with 6-8 barrels of water for ten years.  My round is such that this method is very practical.

Parking issues and many houses not easily accessed from the roadside make the trolley an excellent choice.  

If you are going to be lifting your trolley in and out frequently and you have no option but to work from a car for a while, then you want a trolley that is as light as possible. If you're not into diy and don't mind spending a bit then I'd recommend the Pure Freedom Nano.  The beauty of a trolley like this is that you just put the barrel straight on it rather than mess about filling a backpack.  Don't get me wrong a backpack can work and is a much cheaper option to get you started but if you think you're going to go with the trolley idea longer term then you will be better off with a more robust bit of kit.

Pole-wise I've always found the Gardiner range excellent poles. Again they have poles to fit most budgets. I would highly recommend a full Carbon pole like the SL-X range.  However, the hybrid CL-X poles are very good poles, they are just a bit heavier and more bendy when fully extended.  If you have to use them fully extended a lot it can be a bit of a pain as they are more difficult to control.

The nano is a pleasure to use lightweight, great battery life and very small (smaller than a backpack on a lightweight trolley) if space is needed, I have some houses that I can't use my mount system because of delicate flower beds, difficult alleyways, house boats the nano is perfect for the job, only downside it's expensive but bear in mind it's a quality machine.

gardiner backpack is also really good for the money if budget is tight.

Personally after using a trolley for over 4 years in the past  I would go for a Gardiners backpack, Yes it holds less water at 20ltrs than a trolley but its a whole load cheaper and once you started you will be able to suss out whether a van mount might just work on your rounds. 

A top quality pole that will last you years if looked after properly would be a Gardiners SLX25 with a Ultimate brush orange and white bristles. 

Some great advice here guys, thanks.  I'll have a proper read later and come back with any questions that crop up in the day  :2_thumbs_up_-_animated:

Personally after using a trolley for over 4 years in the past  I would go for a Gardiners backpack, Yes it holds less water at 20ltrs than a trolley but its a whole load cheaper and once you started you will be able to suss out whether a van mount might just work on your rounds. 

A top quality pole that will last you years if looked after properly would be a Gardiners SLX25 with a Ultimate brush orange and white bristles. 
Anyone know of a good way to get water from 25l containers into backpack as when full going to be heavy. Thinking about getting drill pump

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've had a look at the Nano Trolley and I've got to say it looks good but I would worry about shelling out that kind of money too early on - I'd rather upgrade later even if it costs me a bit more that way.

Gardiner Backpack looks great at £100 ish.  It asks 'choose end connector' and gives a few options.  What is this?

So after say buying this back pack, all i need is a sack trolley (any recommendations on a small one suitable for small estate?), a pole and a brush? Is that right?  Would i need any hose or anything else?

So after say buying this back pack, all i need is a sack trolley (any recommendations on a small one suitable for small estate?), a pole and a brush? Is that right?  Would i need any hose or anything else?

Your best bet here is to give Gardiner's a call as they can talk it through with you.  They are very helpful bunch.

Use the search button as you will find a wealth of knowledge on this set up for WFP, been covered many many times on the forum!!  :1f44d:

Call Fiona at gardiner

Back pack , slx18 pole , 100mtr Hose , reel etc £484.00 delivered next day

Sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I've had a look at the Nano Trolley and I've got to say it looks good but I would worry about shelling out that kind of money too early on - I'd rather upgrade later even if it costs me a bit more that way.

Gardiner Backpack looks great at £100 ish.  It asks 'choose end connector' and gives a few options.  What is this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wolf-90Kg-Hand-Sack-Truck-Folding-Trolley-Foldable-Cart-Aluminium-Barrow-/282505875309?hash=item41c6a98f6d  this is great if you need a light weight trolly .only problem I found was when going over gravel other then that brilliant . I do use this and I have a bigger heavier trolly  that I use that has bigger wheels and can cope with being dragged up curbs and across stones gravel ect .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wolf-90Kg-Hand-Sack-Truck-Folding-Trolley-Foldable-Cart-Aluminium-Barrow-/282505875309?hash=item41c6a98f6d  this is great if you need a light weight trolly .only problem I found was when going over gravel other then that brilliant . I do use this and I have a bigger heavier trolly  that I use that has bigger wheels and can cope with being dragged up curbs and across stones gravel ect .

I use these for transporting 25ltr barrels of water (two at a time) to my car each morning. Watch out for them in LIDLs.  When they do them they are usually about £15.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock