Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Going back to backpack

Dave B

So i have had a van mount since october and had enough of it

My work really isn't suited to it with going through houses and long alleyways to get to the back of a mid terraced house etc

Just ordered new gardiners backpack and selling off my old reel etc and got a trolley for the backpack

Anyone else find van mount more hassle than it's worth?

Was a lot less grief when i worked from backpack from a car

• Thanks 2

I love having my van mount and for most my work it has made it quicker and easier but I still have my gardiner backpack in the van as there are some jobs like where you have to go through house or streets where parkings a nightmare where it's so much easier to use the backpack

1 minute ago, chris clean said:

I love having my van mount and for most my work it has made it quicker and easier but I still have my gardiner backpack in the van as there are some jobs like where you have to go through house or streets where parkings a nightmare where it's so much easier to use the backpack

Where i live it is a maze of alleyways and backpack issues for 1 half of the whole town 

1 minute ago, Dave B said:

Where i live it is a maze of alleyways and backpack issues for 1 half of the whole town 

Backpacks great for alleys i guess it's really about picking the right tool for each job to get it done as well and quick as possible. I have a couple of bungalows I can't park near as over a green so just grab my trad stuff and do them that way would take far longer to wfp

• Like 2

Wouldn't want to be without either TBH love my van mount, trolley and backpack lol

like everyone saying both have their place, but I have to say if going mobile I would definitely buy the nano trolley if you have the funds it's not much slower than my van mount a lot less work on the muscles than the backpack only my opinion. 

1 hour ago, windowsurfer said:

I have a good mix of van n backpack work. On some of my work i use the back pack alot, but to fill it up i use gardiners bilge pump to fill it, which is great rather than humfing barrels to fill it, saves the back a bit.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have a bilge pump ready to go in the tank in my van.. a lot easier

• Like 1

I'm sure Pure Freedom has recently put their prices up on those trolleys? I recall the 50 litre one being on eBay for £550 delivered just last month now it's not on their eBay site that I can see and over £600 on there website?? 

I was was looking at getting one of these trolleys but just can't justify the cost. Van mount and back pack me thinks :1f603:

Edited by Cristian
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Cristian said:

I'm sure Pure Freedom has recently put their prices up on those trolleys? I recall the 50 litre one being on eBay for £550 delivered just last month now it's not on their eBay site that I can see and over £600 on there website?? 

I was was looking at getting one of these trolleys but just can't justify the cost. Van mount and back pack me thinks :1f603:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-Freedom-25-Litre-Nano-Trolley-with-Charger-/252471031440?epid=1494526462&hash=item3ac8723690:g:GqwAAOSw-FZXkeD3

bloody hell only bought mine a little while ago off was £550 delivered price as shot right up now.

I couldn't work without my van mount. A lot or single jobs i use 300+ litres of water. That would be a bit of a stretch to do with a backpack :1f61c:

Then again,  I do have a simple trolley to avoid dragging the hose around for small jobs. Am building a better one as well. 

• Like 2

@Dave B only you know what will work best for your rounds, Thankfully I can do 99% or so of mine with truck mount but doing a few more jobs as the weeks go by with backpack as its a whole load easier and quicker on some. 

Backpacks great for alleys i guess it's really about picking the right tool for each job to get it done as well and quick as possible. I have a couple of bungalows I can't park near as over a green so just grab my trad stuff and do them that way would take far longer to wfp

When I had my van mount fitted back in March I also purchased a Gardiner back pack

as I thought it would come in useful, and as I write this, it is still languishing under the

the stairs unused. Time to sell methinks.

I love my trolley Xline so light and easy to use. I think there is no best way only way is best that suits you. My trolley is great as so much work is together or where there is no parking 

im a van mount guy i dont use my back pack for window cleaning just spraying upvc my round is very compact i can park my van in a road and hit 3/4 houses with out needing to move the van, i used to do a few roads were it was a long hose down the back alli but i had 4 in a row so van mount was easer than luging 25l drums about sod that i do a far bit of trad tho 80 odd shops a week ive got 160 odd bizzness in a sea side town parking is fine but i park any were double yellows cerbs u name it the traffic wardens leve me alone as im working and i get them on side strate away as i see them every week most days so van mount is beta for my round  i did get asked to clean a few flats this and last year were u have to go throu to do the backs but i turned them away as i cant be arsed with them jobs

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.