Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Planning

Hi Biff,
There's an app I used when I started called 'doing windows' I think it was about £10 and a one off payment. It does everything you'd want it to and you have the convenience of having all your round info on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Look on the resources section on here

Good excel template with formulas

I use my own one but this one has all the formulas to show who owes and you can use filters to show when next due etc

Good for the non excel savvy 

Hi Biff,
There's an app I used when I started called 'doing windows' I think it was about £10 and a one off payment. It does everything you'd want it to and you have the convenience of having all your round info on your phone.

Just downloaded that app and it keeps crashing every time I try to add a customer am I doing something wrong

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I saw this morning that they have just added an update so it could be something they've messed up with that and need to resolve. I had no issue with it when I used it. I'll have a look and see if I can add one now

Hi Biff. Sorry that you experienced the app to crash when adding a new customer. Can you tell me how you managed to do that. I would like to see if I can replicate it on my iPad.
Hi thanks for a reply but I was doing it wrong trying to add a customer first.

You have to add area then street then customer then job in that order otherwise it just crashes and goes back to home screen but got it now and for £7 not bad better than a diary.

Mmm. I go straight to Jobs, use the Add button on the top right to define a new job. Then when selecting the customer, use the Add button again to define a new customer. Then when selecting the street, use the Add button again to define a new street if it is in a new area. Then use Done each time when all other details are filled in, until I am back in the job list.

Mmm. I go straight to Jobs, use the Add button on the top right to define a new job. Then when selecting the customer, use the Add button again to define a new customer. Then when selecting the street, use the Add button again to define a new street if it is in a new area. Then use Done each time when all other details are filled in, until I am back in the job list.
lol using it on my iPhone so just tried it on my iPad I selected new job goes to page customer,product,price and so on so I click select next to customer and crashes as from what I can gather there no customer in the database to add so doesn't like it

Hi me again I'm not sure what device you use it on but just a quick one I'm using it on a iPhone and a iPad but they don't link together do you know how I can get them both to link or is it not possible thanks again

I am not sure what you mean by having the iPhone and iPad linked together. I assume you are thinking of syncing the data between the two. There is no such thing with this app. It would cause more problems than making things easier. You can move the data from one to the other though. The data can be copied across using iTunes.

I am not sure what you mean by having the iPhone and iPad linked together. I assume you are thinking of syncing the data between the two. There is no such thing with this app. It would cause more problems than making things easier. You can move the data from one to the other though. The data can be copied across using iTunes.
Ok no problems look like I have to plug into iTunes thank you for your time.

lol using it on my iPhone so just tried it on my iPad I selected new job goes to page customer,product,price and so on so I click select next to customer and crashes as from what I can gather there no customer in the database to add so doesn't like it

You are right. I checked it. This is a bug in the app introduced in version 1.6. This problem will be solved with a new update soon.

Update done last week. Version 1.6.2 has fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Biff. Sorry that you experienced the app to crash when adding a new customer. Can you tell me how you managed to do that. I would like to see if I can replicate it on my iPad.
Hi,
I'm not sure if you remember but I use your app and to be honest it's ok few problems I don't understand but I've noticed that when I complete a job and slide left it says cancelled or completed but the completed has disappeared it's just white

With the latest update I changed some colours. The Paid button has a green background, the Cancelled button has a red background, and the Finished button has a blue background. You say that with you the Finished button background colour disappears?

With the latest update I changed some colours. The Paid button has a green background, the Cancelled button has a red background, and the Finished button has a blue background. You say that with you the Finished button background colour disappears?
d40b9c7d5cee9bd8bce92ae524337e00.png

Back