Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Locking van while working?

slippy

When working the back of my van is open, also I can't lock any of the van as if one door is open cant even lock the front seats.  What can I do about this?van security.jpg

When working the back of my van is open, also I can't lock any of the van as if one door is open cant even lock the front seats.  What can I do about this?View attachment 11102
089e4c441e00fa3a8a01ce8e37428457.png

Van Ports so you can connect your reel externally and shut all the doors to lock the van.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I put 2 on myself in the door trim

Needs a rubber grommet to tidy up the top one though as i needed to slightly move it to line up with a hole that was already behind the trim

20170819_181029.jpg

I have a 62 plate Peugeot partner and I can have the front doors locked and back unlocked. You sure you can't on the expert? On my fob I have 2 buttons, one locks/unlocks the whole van, the other just does the back doors. If the back doors are open I can't lock the front doors on there own. So I lock the whole van when I get out, then just unlock the back Doors on there own and the front stays locked. Hope that makes sense [emoji23] might be diff on expert anyway!

Had 3 vans including both of those pictured above. 

And all 3 you can close the door over the hose and keep the reel in the van

Not sure if it will work. But it does on a trafic. Lock up van. Then unlock back door manually with key. Or. Just push the back doors too and hit the lock button.

I can also fully lock the back doors fully shut with the hose trailing under the door. I use 6mm hose.

This is an issue I am trying to find a solution too as well. Regarding shutting the doors on the hose with the reel in the van, troubleis that you can only do that once you have reeled out enough for the job so it means walking back to the van from potentially 100 metres away just to shut the door on the hose to walk back to the job. Cant be doing that 25 times a day.  My fitbit would love me for it but time is money! 

Another issue I have is that I use a belt with a tap on it. Prefer the ease and convenience of it over say a univalve so cant just plug into an adapter on the back door. 

Last edited:
This is an issue I am trying to find a solution too as well. Regarding shutting the doors on the hose with the reel in the van, troubleis that you can only do that once you have reeled out enough for the job so it means walking back to the van from potentially 100 metres away just to shut the door on the hose to walk back to the job. Cant be doing that 25 times a day.  My fitbit would love me for it but time is money! 

Another issue I have is that I use a belt with a tap on it. Prefer the ease and convenience of it over say a univalve so cant just plug into an adapter on the back door. 

well the solution to this is to fit under van rollers, which is what i plan to do at some point.

Meanwhile, my way of working is to pull off enough hose then lock the doors then walk to the property, its surprising how good you get at guessing how much hose to pull off.  Very rarely am i anywhere near 100m away, probably 50 max the vast majority of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 62 plate Peugeot partner and I can have the front doors locked and back unlocked. You sure you can't on the expert? On my fob I have 2 buttons, one locks/unlocks the whole van, the other just does the back doors. If the back doors are open I can't lock the front doors on there own. So I lock the whole van when I get out, then just unlock the back Doors on there own and the front stays locked. Hope that makes sense
emoji23.png
might be diff on expert anyway!

This is slippy asking the question though  :1f602:

This is slippy asking the question though  :1f602:
I know lol I was replying to slippy. In his picture it looks like he has a Peugeot expert. I was just pointing out I have a Peugeot Partner and I can lock the front doors by locking the whole van and then unlocking the back doors on there own. I didn't know if it was the same on the Expert.

Open both doors and close the first on the hose near to where the other door will meet, then close 2nd door and push quite hard - definitely should lock. My 14 plate partner locks. If the hose isn't quite right then it doesn't lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I love my set up, with underfloor rollers. 

Makes me as efficient as possible, just grab the pole, reach under what bumper and grab the end of the hose that's permanently kept there, lock the van and go anywhere within 100 metres. 

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2239.JPG

Back