Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking on a school leaver

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Out of the 10 lads we have had I still haven't figured out the mould we should target always come down to the individual

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I'm thinking just to fetch and carry and learn to start with

Nice one it's so hard as I said I've had nothing but hassle with the 20 year old and over so my thinking is I can mould a young lad into how I want him to work

I've offered 2 of my family/ friends kids work before both seem to have unreal expectations of how much they think they should be earning for not a lot of work!!!!
Both let me down nothing more annoying when you have a busy day booked in for 2 people then you get up in the morning to a text received at 2am!!! Or a text from there mother that they won't be able to make it in the morning!!!!!!!
So you get 3 srikes and there out !
Family or friends I'm running a business not a voluntary drop in !
That is all Rant over.
Have a good day everyone. [emoji5][emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've tryed em give em £80 a day they all been useless as I've said they've turned up stoned, drunk said it's too hard they just do my nut in

This is the prob tea boy the older lads don't wanna graft that's why I'm gona try a school leaver to train him up

Yep I used to use my son his ex forces it's hard to get em though

I have a lad 'jake' who works 2-3 days a week depending on his days off from College. Sometimes my son (17) comes out with me, also on his days off from College.

Before these I had a young lad 'martin' who worked for me. 

All 3 were/are  happy with working with me, as I never patronised them, never took the p*ss money wise with them, and I never, ever told them what to do. I always asked them to do what I wanted.

This makes them feel 'valued' and therefore keen to make an effort.

Hope this helps ?

I think a school leaver or a student is a great way to go, this coming autumn I am going to look for a student 2 days a week, look after them and they will look after you, carrot and donkey 

Latest Posts

Back