Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ADVICE NEEDED

G

Graham2017

I'm needing a bit of advice. I started window cleaning around 9 years ago when a friend of mine purchased a round here in the north east. The initial arrangement was that I would work it after he bought it and just split the money 2 ways. After about 2 years I took a job working away for 8 months and when I returned my friend hadn't got anybody to do the round nor had he bothered himself. What was a round worth 1200 a fortnight was now down to about 220. The window cleaners who picked up the work paid my mate for what they took and he just left me with what little bit was left. Some 6 years later now I've built it back up into a good round he's now demanding I pay him 50 pound a week in rent, despite him selling most of the work and also having never lifted a finger himself. To put it simple this guy is an arsehole who wouldn't think twice about smashing windows. Am I right to stick to my guns or is he right to ask for money?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

His only chance of getting any money out of you is through threats. No chance of him ever going to Court and winning for breach of verbal contract. Tell him to take a hike and the next time he threatens you you will report him to the Police. 

Can you tell us what part of NE are you 

It sounds like an unfair verbal agreement from the off. Split 50/50 for funding is fine if it's continuous funding of equipment, premises, accounting, utilities etc etc. But never ending years of a 50/50 split for buying a 2k/month round and nothing else?!? He wouldn't have a hope in court! As part timer says if he threatens/enacts violence call the police. But he can't get any money from you

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

If he's let the work go for 8 months then he's abandoned it and has no claim to anything. The fact that he managed to get a bit of money for some of it later is amazing and he should be happy. You don't owe him owt.

Back