Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scratched a window using gardiner scraper ?

slippy

Got a gardiner scraper on my slx pole.  It's got white brillo from gardiner wrapped over it too.   I was dragging it back and forth over a stain and I think I scratched the glass.   What am I doing wrong?

Chances are you've got grit on it. The scraper on its own or with the pad shouldn't be able to scratch glass as the material they're made of isn't hard enough.

I have the scraper on mine but I rotate it to underneath the gooseneck when I'm not using it. I found otherwise it sticks out and catches on brickwork occasionally- picking up grit. That's probably what's happened to yours.

Got a gardiner scraper on my slx pole.  It's got white brillo from gardiner wrapped over it too.   I was dragging it back and forth over a stain and I think I scratched the glass.   What am I doing wrong?
Why are you dragging it back and forth, High level windows on stubborn bird muck scraper only used pads early on but you must keep them clean and best to detach in between uses. 

Why are you dragging it back and forth, High level windows on stubborn bird muck scraper only used pads early on but you must keep them clean and best to detach in between uses. 
Should i push over stain then lift back over and repeat rather than dragging it back and forth?

The notch on the scraper slots into the gap in section 1.

your sections are all to c%ck, they should all line up.

are you a troll?

Think it is slotted into the gap.  Just wondered if the scrapper was the right way round

U say sections should line up I mean all the clamps should be in line with eachildren other? 

Back