Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Clean on this day

Gazz

So how many of you have these type of customers that you can only clean on days when they are in and you need to make sure you contact them before you come.

I got a new first clean to do and have to reschedule due to being really busy on a certain day. Really thinking of just not doing it because it forces me to start working for them when they want and I feel it'll restict me.

They would pay the same as others. It's just I'd need to go out my way for them and I want to clean when I want and make it quick no messing about.

I was thinking the same thing. I just don't want to mess about and customers who want me to come this day etc just frustrates me. They don't take into consideration about bad days and expect you to bend over.

Had too many of these over the years, and to be honest I just considered it the norm. But now I'm really Busy they stand out more to me as being a bit cheeky, so can be a bit cheeky back.

I even sent a text out on Wednesday saying I was in the area and got a reply saying; Come Saturday [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I'll find other customers to replace all the bad ones. Can't be having this. It'll turn out to be someone who probably will be late on payment too.

don't mind being a bit flexible on the first clean, can understand custy wanting to be in for that, and can be handy to iron out any issues in person. but won't stand for it on regular cleans, unless they are willing to pay for it!

Some customers just don't understand the concept of a 'round'. Who's running your business - you or the customer?

I dropped one like this recently.

I've not long since started out and getting through a lot of first cleans, It concerns me that a lot of customers prefer to be home when you come round, I can easily see how this could become a pain in the ****! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not long since started out and getting through a lot of first cleans, It concerns me that a lot of customers prefer to be home when you come round, I could easily see how this could become a pain in the ****! 

There has to be some element of trust to begin with, this may take 2 or 3 cleans. If they say they are not going to be in next time explain that you accept payments via online banking or that you can leave an SAE and they can send you a cheque etc... This demonstrates that you trust them and hopefully this trust will be reciprocated.

Got a handful that need to be certain days. Busier I get less I can be arsed with them but I hate dumping good payers, at some point they will need to go as it's getting increasingly difficult to get to them without putting myself out. 

Had a few over the years, But I won't accomodate people who want certain days and times as its just not practical, Had a client for around a year or so now last two scheduled cleans note on door leave windows till after 1pm as been on night shift i was in another area by then.

I have no issue with texting people for gates unlocked but the client I mentioned will be getting dropped as she said she would contact me on the note almost a week and no call and it would be 12 weeks next clean since the windows were last cleaned. 

@gaz @Part Timer is right here. They want the privilage of a scheduled call they gotta pay at least double. 

If not drop them. 
 Your all bang on. Not sure if any of you watch kieth kalfa on YouTube his videos about running his landscaping and window cleaning business in the USA. I think @Green Pro Clean Ltd may have referred to him in the past. But he hits the nail on the head about this sort of customer how when you start you want to please everyone bend over for them and then as soon as you get busy you are the boss the customer plays your game and how the more you earn the more you can up your minimum charge. Some of what he says is over the top and not relevant but I have found lots of his stuff solid advice for running a small growing business

Last edited by a moderator:
If the customer wants their windows cleaning on a Monday morning and will pay you extra for it then do it as you can then fit it into your schedule. If they want you to do it as and when then that is a different matter. 

don't mind being a bit flexible on the first clean, can understand custy wanting to be in for that, and can be handy to iron out any issues in person. but won't stand for it on regular cleans, unless they are willing to pay for it!
Agree, and you will probably find it starts getting inconvenient to your  round  with for example going extra miles and time.

Back