Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which smaller van carrys most weight?

paul1

Hi guys looking at getting another cheap small van which would you recommend and which will carry the most weight was hoping for a 450 to 500 tank in if poss? cheers all

Hi guys looking at getting another cheap small van which would you recommend and which will carry the most weight was hoping for a 450 to 500 tank in if poss? cheers all
I don't know if you mean by cheap you're speaking about an old second hand van, or cheap meaning a cheaper new one. The link gives you the payloads of the current range of new vans. Fairly certain you could find payloads of the older ones with a Google search.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/vans/news-and-advice/2015/june/best-payload-for-small-vans/

Doblo/Combo 2300 take 1000kg.

You'd probably have to make sure you got the larger engine to ensure you'll pull it fully loaded with no problems

Agree with the other guys combo or doblo grate vans love mine [emoji6]
380c57bc5666c66bd011c51e8f7dd0c7.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

lots of the new small vans carry 1000kilo but if your after a small second hand van cheep ish get a connect hitop  they carry 900kilo 

I have the same question, only difference being it has to be a 3 seater as I take my 2 daughters into school.

Looking at the pug partner

Although the ford connect looks sexier (but the 3 seater version is bug bucks vs the pug).

I have the same question, only difference being it has to be a 3 seater as I take my 2 daughters into school.

Looking at the pug partner

Although the ford connect looks sexier (but the 3 seater version is bug bucks vs the pug).
The New Citroen Berlingo will accommodate 2 child car seats (we have tried it), but the driver suffers and the middle child will have a problem with the gear lever. If I put my motor trade hat on I would say no as the middle seat with a child in a car seat is too dangerous.

I think you need to see how a Vivaro or Renault Trafic would work for you.

I have a Citroen Relay SWB and that will take 2 car seats with ease and the middle seat child would be 'safe' in an accident. I take the Grandchildren to school and collect them on a Wednesday.

Yes. i thought i was the only one who thought this. 
Bought mine in January of this year and have had no issues parking half on half off high kerbs on unfinished roads on new build estates great little van as well loads of room with plenty of height in the back as well 

Bought mine in January of this year and have had no issues parking half on half off high kerbs on unfinished roads on new build estates great little van as well loads of room with plenty of height in the back as well 
Ah good. I'm getting rid of my long wheel base high roof transit and want something smaller. Either lwb fiat doblo or lwb vw caddy. Vw are good quality vans but the payload is a bit low on caddy about 700-800kg. Fiat is 1000kg. What's the fiat like to drive and what's the gear box like? Thanks

Ah good. I'm getting rid of my long wheel base high roof transit and want something smaller. Either lwb fiat doblo or lwb vw caddy. Vw are good quality vans but the payload is a bit low on caddy about 700-800kg. Fiat is 1000kg. What's the fiat like to drive and what's the gear box like? Thanks

Mines the Vauxhall combo with the 1.3 fiat multijet engine mine is over 3 years old. It drives like a van is all I can say and I have not had any issues with the it so far.

My last motor was a 65 plate L200 warrior so a bit of a come down. But it handles well and accelerates nicely without issue when fully loaded.

County Durham Lad

Just sold my Doblo and sad to see it go really......

Mine had a basic interior but was more car like to drive then my current van.

The LWB is probably the best of the bunch - you get the higher payload of 1000kg but without having ‘largeness’ of most vans- cheaper to run, insure etc.

The Ford connect LWB also carries 1000kg but commands a much higher price then the Doblo......

good luck with your decision.

A Ford connect is a a basic as a Doblo/combo inside, it bewilders me how they can charge so much for vans in general that are so basic on the interior with 2 seats.

County Durham Lad

I agree exacty with this, I have a 2012 Doblo as I finally switched to WFP and before that I had a £275 97' Volvo V40 estate! haha

My van doesn't have any Air con or heated wind mirrors and the stock sound system is worse than your phone.

That being said as a van its fantastic although as others have said be careful if you mount your hose connectors under the bumper as parking on high and sometimes medium kerbs pulls it off.

I have the 1.3 multijet and have no issues with power and it pulls nicely in all gears even with a full tank. The only gripe I have is that I didn't get a van with a middle seat for the wife.

Back