Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reverse osmosis with low tds

Corps012588

Just a quick question.

I am really lucky to live in a low tds area so now I use dual di my resin is lasting ages.

What I was wondering is

I have been given an ro system and am quite intrigued by it.

I'm on a water meter but as stated have a low tds (currently 44ppm)

Is the waste these things produce dependant on the tds going in?

Ie would a lower tds tap water produce less waste or possibly even no waste?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Just a quick question.

I am really lucky to live in a low tds area so now I use dual di my resin is lasting ages.

What I was wondering is

I have been given an ro system and am quite intrigued by it.

I'm on a water meter but as stated have a low tds (currently 44ppm)

Is the waste these things produce dependant on the tds going in?

No

Ie would a lower tds tap water produce less waste or possibly even no waste?

No

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Quick question = quick answer.

My advise is with a tds that low you are wasting your time looking at r/o on a water meter.

You will always have waste as that what flushes the removed minerals away that the membrane has removed from your tap water. Most of us with reasonably soft water can get away with a 50/50 pure to waste ratio. You might even get away with a 60/40 pure to waste ratio. But at 50/50 you will be using 2 liters to produce 1 liter of pure. Yes you could get away with not using resin but you have to take other things into consideration such as convenience.

I have been given an ro system.

What r/o system? Chances are that it will need new prefilters and there is the added chance that it needs new membrane/s.

Have you got a place to store water?

Thank you vey much spruce. See its responses like yours that really help put things in black and white and help people like myself.
Keep up the good work.
Oh and I'm not sure of the make as there are no stickers or anything on it but it looks like something from Star Trek!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Window Cleaning Forums

Back