Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price list advertising

CM Cleaning Services

Evening all

After everyone's general opinions

Recently while canvassing I was asked a few times if I had a price list,

I didn't but have considered knocking something up just to post on those houses nobodys home or if asked like I have been.

My question is

Is it a good idea to promote this online also or do I keep pricing guide to my door knocking only ???

My positive thought is offering Clear price list to potential customers of all my services.

Negative thought what if my competitors come across my pricing guide and undercut me ???

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you are going to have a price list you need to make it clear that this is the "approximate" cost of the clean and that you will need to make a visit in order to confirm the price. However you may be causing yourself problems by doing this since you're going to need to justify yourself when you need to raise the price due access issues, parking issues, proximity to other clients etc....

Personally I only quote a price once I have visited the property.

I shouldn't worry about competitors under-cutting you. If they want to work for peanuts it's up to them.

I have just had cards printed with all my prices on for different house sizes 3 bed semi £x 4 bed semi £x 4 bed detached £x and so on. Then in another column I have  + extension add £xx  + Con add £xx 

So far working well with the very small amount I have had delivered.

Knock knock

Hello?

Would you like a window cleaner? 

Do you have a price list you can leave whilst I think about it? 

TRANSLATION: Oh I wish I had the nerve to just tell you to jog on but i'm too scared so i will be polite and ask for a price list!! 

I can't see how you can charge a fixed price for eh a 3 bed semi they all have different amounts of windows, sizes, access and levels of care

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back